[3.4] Elementalist Poet's Freezing Pulse [Chill & Freeze Everything]

Hello Everyone! I've been playing this game for years now following other peoples build guides, and finally decided to do something of my own. This is probably the most enjoyable build I've ever played despite it still being a WiP.

This build isn't insanely expensive but its not exactly cheap either. For my uniques and a Warlord's Mark on Hit ring i spent about 3.5 exalts.

The overall concept is to make use of Poet's Pen with Freezing Pulse and Ice Spear for clearing, and a 2nd set with Freezing Pulse and Glacial Cascade for more damage on bosses with 51% cold penetration+35% from the skill gem. We Trigger all of these spells with a Frenzy setup in the body armor. Combined with Indigon our mana costs ramp up significantly while also drastically boosting our spell damage. I constantly freeze packs and rares, more often than not before they're even on screen and anything we cant freeze gets chilled and blinded thanks to

Downed content so far
Spoiler
Hydra
Phoenix
Chimera
All T15's
Red Elder Guardians Deathless
Red Elder (1 Death)
Putrid Cloister
Delve Depth: 218
Farms Uber Lab Easy

Video Showcases(9/30/18)
Spoiler

Path of Building

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill all for 2 passives.

Pantheon
Spoiler
Major God: Soul of Lunaris
Minor God: Soul of Garukhan

Uniques
Spoiler
Required:

Awesome but not required:

Mechanics
Spoiler
Making use of the Unique Wand Poet's Pen with the Unique Helmet Indigon allows you to boost your spell damage and mana costs for every 200 mana you've spent recently.

This leads to some nice damage and then combining that with the Unique Amulet Pandemonius gives us even more damage + some serious defense from the Blind and chills/freezing.

My Gear
Spoiler

Gem Links
Spoiler

Poet's Pens for clearing
Freezing Pulse - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia

Ice Spear - Controlled Destruction - Greater Multiple Projectiles

Poet's Pens for Bosses
Freezing Pulse - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia

Glacial Cascade - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction

Helmet/Gloves/Boots
1. Immortal Call(Level 9) - Increased Duration - Cast When Damage Taken(Level 7) - Vaal Grace

2. Frost Bomb - Flame Dash - Blood Rage - Summon Lightning Golem

3. Clarity - Herald of Ice - Enlighten - Portal(or anything you want really.)

Body
Frenzy - Life Gain on Hit - Increased Critical Strikes - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Greater Multiple Projectiles
(Multistrike doesn't actually do anything to frenzy outside of increasing its mana cost to help trigger Indigon.)

Thanks a ton for checking out my build. I'd love to hear feedback or suggestions for things I can improve. :)

Last edited by BatPonyHimea on Oct 2, 2018, 1:41:27 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2018, 5:47:21 PM
Shortly after posting this build I killed Red Elder on my first attempt ever using this build, with only 1 death due to my poor movement. Posting a video of the fight soon. :D
10/1/18 edits-

1. Made some changes to the tree to gain a bit more life & mana overall. Updated PoB accordingly.

2. Changed out Mark of the Shaper for Dream Fragments

3. A few updates to my current gear.

Thanks for the guide. I've actually been trying to come up with a decent Poet's Pen ice build myself but I haven't been doing so well, particularly with sustain as it always comes up too squishy and lacks the range that Arc or Volatile Dead usually has for safety. I understand it doesn't do as much DPS as the usual lightning and fire builds, but shatters look and feel so satisfying to me.

I'll give this build a try maybe soon with my own spin (as it seems to be quite flexible) and see how it turns out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info