Frequent Client Crashes in Delves

Since about 10 days, I am frequently getting client crashes, but only in delves. In particular, I only seem to crash in azurite encounters or cities, and always in a moment where I am casting arc. (Using poets pen btw.)

The frequency of those client crashes is increasing over time, I just crashed two depth 262 city outposts in a row (within 10 minutes). At the start of the league, I had maybe two client crashes per week, but since the 3.4.3 updates, it has gotten a lot worse. Now, I'm averaging 2-3 crashes per day.

I'm playing on dx9ex, with shadows turned off, medium texture quality and every other graphics option turned off or to the lowest level.

I'm also under the impression, even though that's no guarantee, that he crashes always happen in situation where "extraordinary" lightning sources like the blue azurite blobs or the lightning pedestals in cities coincide with me throwing a flare and casting arc.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or has any tips?
Last edited by Black_Gun on Sep 29, 2018, 9:12:14 PM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2018, 6:05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Exactly the same here...same graphic options + playing arc as well

I mostly crash at the end of azurite delves. After I crash the delve is done and I can't do it again
"
SSF_Noah wrote:
Exactly the same here...same graphic options + playing arc as well

I mostly crash at the end of azurite delves. After I crash the delve is done and I can't do it again

Interesting. Have you also crashed in cities? Did your client crashes also get more frequent since the 3.4.3 patch(es)?
I also play using arc and just recently started experiencing this crash/ INVALID EXCEPTION Error. I have played since beginning of delve and only until I got the latest poe update, and then my recent graphics drivers (which was literally 2 days ago). SO, now on game startup I get exceptions errors frequently. OH, also just standing in town the game crashes and nothing pops up at all, just takes me back to steam. Quite odd.
Still having the same issue with all kinds of builds, not limited to arc. Only happening in delve city biomes or tier 2 or 3 azurite encounters. I already tried reinstalling the game to fix potentially corrupt files, but to no avail.

This is starting to get really frustrating, since the city biomes are by far the most rewarding part of delve, and I'm losing like half of all of them to these crashes.
Standalone client

same problem, crashing on Delves, DX9 Shadows OFF no matter the build im playing frequently crashing on the mentioned Delves.

Last edited by 2i0 on Nov 25, 2018, 3:43:07 PM
Last edited by 2i0 on Nov 25, 2018, 6:13:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info