Elementalist Golemmancer Ignite Arc hybrid caster/minion build concept

4x harmony (5x at 93), 1 might (not necessary), 1 anima stone.

insane scaling of inpulsa, arc EE for ignite + flame golems, etc

mostly posting to save gear for a later video -- dropping the build because not up to my standards for HC, but this is an unbelievably godly SC build

also onslaught on kill clayshaper would have been lovely
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Sep 24, 2018, 2:50:50 AM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2019, 7:38:42 PM
Thanks for the build.

Using 8 harmonys since 95.
Last edited by SteKrz on Oct 25, 2018, 5:12:52 PM
I'm a little bit lost as to why we're using elemental equilibrium. Doesn't that mean we're making the enemies resistant to lightning and fire which is our main damage output with the golems?
Elemental Equilibrium only raises the resistance of the damage type that "hits" the enemy. As long as you don't have any "adds #-# fire damage to spells" anywhere on your gear, fire resistance is not raised by this setup. It is actually lowered by 50% because ignites do not "hit" an enemy.

Edit: Additionally, minions do not inherit elemental equilibrium and, therefore, do not apply it. This way the flame golems also strictly benefit from the -50% fire resistance.
Last edited by 2TD on Nov 22, 2018, 10:55:44 PM
Dang, that's interesting, I actually figured it out today through the PoB configuration area and came back to post this but in a less elegant way. So thanks very much for your post man!
Heyho,

I find the build idea very interesting, but I do not fully understand all the supports for Arc... I get the combustion + Stormfire for -fireres and thus more golem dmg (unbound ailments and maybe ignite proliferation also make some sense), but why burning dmg and swift affliction? is the ignite dmg from arc actually relevant, since there is no investment into arc from the tree?
"
Urathor wrote:
...I do not fully understand all the supports for Arc... I get the combustion + Stormfire for -fireres and thus more golem dmg (unbound ailments and maybe ignite proliferation also make some sense), but why burning dmg and swift affliction? is the ignite dmg from arc actually relevant, since there is no investment into arc from the tree?

The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 50% of the base damage of the hit of fire damage, per second[1]. Therefore, over the base duration the target will take 200% of the base damage dealt[1].
Separate applications of ignite do not stack cumulatively. Each ignite effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.

Because Stormfire allows lightning to ignite, our lightning hit is used as the calculation for fire damage, and is also necessary to reduce the resistance of the person for our flame golems to do more damage through Combustion and Elemental Equilibrium (as the ignite is only caused and dealt damage by a lightning source, fire resistance is down 79%)

Now, here's why ignite/burn damage stacking on Arc is so impressive specifically for this build:
First, it's consistent in higher damage amounts: Since ignite deals 200% of the damage of the original hit spread out over time, and lightning damage is so irregular, it means we on average deal more ignite damage because our highest damage that's spread out is what burns. It means more consistent damage for the duration of the burn.
Second, burning has more MORE multipliers than arc does, which directly multiply the damage we do instead of scaling it as increased. This is AMAZING for this build because this build achieves somewhere around 800+% increased damage without trying to. 140 from the first portion of the golem ascendancy, another 80 through that same ascendancy because of flame golem giving out increased damage 40 from ascendancy nodes, 80 from holy fire nodes, ~250 from minion damage nodes applying to us, etc. My PoB reads 505% increased before the ascendancy nodes apply the golem buffs, and then it claims I have 1709% MORE damage which I'm not sure how it got to.
Third, the small amounts of investment into arc on the tree also affect the burn damage. You could call it double dipping, but it's not quite double dipping. We do enough standard arc damage that our burn WILL kill all magic mobs. There's not enough investment we could do that could make arc better using lightning damage if we still wanted to keep the golems, so the more investments using swift affliction and burning damage seem to do better.

Your main boss killers are still your golems, just burning on the arc does happen to work quite well.
Last edited by Xenithos on Nov 29, 2018, 4:08:28 PM
Cool, thanks for the insight. Will most likely try this setup in Betrayal :)!

I guess the presented setup is quite endgamish already and until one obtains an elder helmet, Golems might be the mainlink and arc is only for the ignites (thus EE + combustion) and later, one can switch and actually also do some serious burns with the arc, cool!
"
SteKrz wrote:
Thanks for the build.

Using 8 harmonys since 95.

Hey, I've been trying (and failing for a few leagues) to make a helmet that good, how did you go about making/acquiring that?

Is it fossil crafted? How?
I know you very likely used a bound fossil, but I'm stumped on the rest.
Last edited by Xenithos on Jan 15, 2019, 12:11:08 PM
It was crafted (in delve league obviously) using 2 soc resonator bound-scorched. While you can't really expect to get something like that, from my experience and unless anything got changed (haven't tried in Betrayal) getting +3 minions with 1 of the supports is really quite easy. So you buy ilv. 86 elder base, and spam those resonators. I was selling any decent +3 helmets I got along the way (getting new base every time I hit anything useful) and made about 60 ex doing that. But again, I'm pretty sure I got lucky and IDK how would it work at this point of the league and in Betrayal.
Last edited by SteKrz on Jan 15, 2019, 7:39:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info