[3.6] Angry Walrus | CI Aegis Aurora 60-100k Armor | Super Tank

yeah i have that one and in big fights i haveno mana problems but bosses or solo mobs it's hard to keep mana up :)
and i notice burning damage kills me very fast any remedy for that?
"
Ninjaki wrote:
yeah i have that one and in big fights i haveno mana problems but bosses or solo mobs it's hard to keep mana up :)
and i notice burning damage kills me very fast any remedy for that?

Yeah :\, there isn't much we can do about that or the burning damage, other then keeping extra mobs alive during the boss fight.

I suppose we could add a mana or leech support to a secondary 4-link skill like blade vortex, but I'm not sure how good that would be without testing it myself.
(⌐■_■)
Use a Red Nightmare and a Rumi, use a melee skill. You are too confined in your Templar ideas
"
Arthur606 wrote:
Use a Red Nightmare and a Rumi, use a melee skill. You are too confined in your Templar ideas

Out of my price range to tbh. You can always make the build better if you have infinite currency.

The closest build I've seen to this that could make use of a shield and uses a melee skill. Would be a CI HoWA build, with perfect 10-20ex rings. And more than 200ex of gear, at delve 600+.

I'm at roughly 10ex of gear. And I'm at 580 playing casual and exploring my city outposts. So, I dunno, this build seems way more affordable then what other people are playing at my depth. And I'm fine clearing like a slow poke as a result.
(⌐■_■)
Thanks for the guide OP. Been wondering how people are using Aegis aurora, and this build has fantastic synergies!
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

Out of my price range to tbh. You can always make the build better if you have infinite currency.

The closest build I've seen to this that could make use of a shield and uses a melee skill. Would be a CI HoWA build, with perfect 10-20ex rings. And more than 200ex of gear, at delve 600+.

I'm at roughly 10ex of gear. And I'm at 580 playing casual and exploring my city outposts. So, I dunno, this build seems way more affordable then what other people are playing at my depth. And I'm fine clearing like a slow poke as a result.

HOWA is attr stacking build which is irrelevant to blocking. I doubt you can't afford some ex on a 13% blocking jewel at double my depth yet it's fine.

Anyway I ran into this Grelwood Shank Molten Strike build that should work, which singlehandedly save you a dozen passives for Iron reflex and Point Blank. I tried on my life Surrender Gladiator with 4k life 12k armour moving and it worked well, farmed Uber Lab with almost 100 chests on yesterday only starting lv 70 and Argus and Izaro barely got me under full life. I didn't have helmet enchant btw

Last edited by Arthur606 on Oct 4, 2018, 7:42:09 PM
"
Arthur606 wrote:
HOWA is attr stacking build which is irrelevant to blocking.

Well, I mentioned HoWA because we could actually switch into such a melee build without too much trouble. Since, HoWA can rely on int, dex stacking for dps. It's just, we lose quite a bit of defense. And the gear required to make that melee dps worth it, tends to be expensive.

Hence, that particular build is out of my price range to test.

As for blocking. I should have been more clear, but we don't really need red nightmare because of violent retaliation. (+1 blocking for every hit from the last 10 seconds). We are max-block 99% of the time.

"
Anyway I ran into this Grelwood Shank Molten Strike build that should work, which singlehandedly save you a dozen passives for Iron reflex and Point Blank. I tried on my life Surrender Gladiator with 4k life 12k armour moving and it worked well, farmed Uber Lab with almost 100 chests on yesterday only starting lv 70 and Argus and Izaro barely got me under full life. I didn't have helmet enchant btw

MS Grelwood Shank could work. The only thing I'm worried about is that you might be underestimating the amount of damage down here in my depth lvl. Random Turongs are scarier to me than Uber Izaro.

Not to mention the Smuggler Stash encounter. One of the exiles smacks you for like 20k physical damage with his default attack every 2 seconds. It's like the only encounter I'm actively avoiding unless I really have to, because it's getting too scary and I hate pressing flasks all the time.

But yeah, I'm curious to see how your ms build goes. It'd be great to have good pack clearing damage and be super tanky.

Atm, I'm doing some testing with golems since the 6-link gem colors are the same in the chest. I did some number crunching for dps and clearing packs, but I won't really know how good it is till I play it.

Nice thing is most of the dps can come from harmony jewels, and we got a lot of extra jewel slots anyway.

Also, in other news, I've also automated my fortify with a lvl 1 reckoning using an corruption.

If people weren't aware. I had fortify with this build with a vigilant strike link'd to increased duration for the harder biome mods, but I usually forget to click vigilant strike during a fight because I hate clicking too many buttons.

Most times it doesn't matter because the build is super tanky, but I figured it'd be good if I could have fortify constantly without thinking about it. So this corruption makes it automatic. Which is a nice QoL improvement for the build. I'm quite happy with it.

"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Thanks for the guide OP. Been wondering how people are using Aegis aurora, and this build has fantastic synergies!

Thanks xD
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Oct 5, 2018, 4:43:02 PM
Welp, finished my delve 600, and added a few videos.

Build is 100% certified to be afk safe for your end-game grind. It was a bit anti-climatic how easy 600 was, but that's what the build was made for.

Low stress, delving.

As for my thoughts, on the rest of endgame possible thingies the build can do.

T16 Guardians are all afk safe on any combination of mods, except for the Phoenix.

Hall of Grandmasters is an easy deathless with a few gear swaps, since we can facetank everything.

Shaper and Uber Elder are doable, but the skill tree needs to be revamp'd to get 1200 base ES regen so the floor degen doesn't kill us. It's probably gonna be a pain to get the regen gear, so not too enthusiastic on this option.

And Max Delve Limit for this build is probably around 1.2k based on where people are getting instantly killed. Though, I dunno. This build is god tier of tankiness.

And yup. That's about it. I might delve a bit deeper, but I think I'm going to work on completing the rest of my challenges now.

And PS. my experiment to add fire golems to the build worked alright for clearing maps, but the minion AI was too retarded for me to continue, even though the damage was good.

Honestly, felt like I was in charge of a bunch of drunks with their AI targeting random things.

Not to mention it was annoying cause I was like 5-10 times tankier than these 30k HP 12% regen Golems. So they kept dying and I had to keep resummoning them for high tier maps.

So, I'm back to my normal SR map burning set-up.
(⌐■_■)
And oh yeah, lastly. I died only 2 times in the entire delve run 1-600. Both were elemental pen mods, with extra 100% elemental damage.

1 was a smuggler's stash, with extra 100% lightning and pen. I'm pretty sure I got shocked and was hit for like 10k instant death.

And 2nd was like a T3 Azurite Dragon with 100% extra cold and pen. And he did this fire breath and it instantly killed me. Pretty sure this was avoidable if I just moved because the breath has a long wind-up.

But I wasn't expecting it. So I was like. Eh. Danm.
(⌐■_■)
-
Last edited by Negrordo on Nov 25, 2018, 7:23:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info