Best Support Gem for Freezing Pulse?

Hi all.. Here goes my question:

do you think it is worth it to use greater multiple projectiles combined with freezing pulse (GMP has 200% mana multiplier and 50% reduced damage), or would be lesser multiple projectiles (LMP got only 150% mana multiplier and 30% reduced damage) the better choice?
or maybe in your oppinion there is an even better support gem for freezing pulse then this two? waiting your answers.. :)
IGNs: Narkath, OshikuruDemonSamurai
GMP.

IIRC, you can hit with all 5 pulses. So 5x50% > 3X70%
IGN QTCRZ
If you can afford the mana cost, it looks like GMP is strictly better for this skill, as each pulse can hit the same target, and you'll have more crit procs.

I could be wrong.
Both GMP and LMP don't really reduce your damage, becasue the projectiles from FP can overlap and it can happen that multiple of them hit the same enemy at once (and if you hit one moster with 3 projectiles which all seperatly do 30% less damage you'll still do 210% of the damage of one projectile)

Other usefull supports are: Faster projectiles (it increases the range of FP and it's cheap), Cold penetration, Added cold, if you need more survivability use Life leech...

EDIT: for the above poster: yes all projectiles can hit, but crit is calculated only once IIRC, so either all crit or none
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Mar 4, 2013, 2:16:21 PM
I have LMP, Faster Projectiles, Faster Casting on mine. I plan to get Mana Leech and GMP on it once i can get a 5L chestpiece. It does some pretty nasty damage.
"
Sony_Black wrote:
Both GMP and LMP don't really reduce your damage, becasue the projectiles from FP can overlap and it can happen that multiple of them hit the same enemy at once (and if you hit one moster with 3 projectiles which all seperatly do 30% less damage you'll still do 210% of the damage of one projectile)

Other usefull supports are: Faster projectiles (it increases the range of FP and it's cheap), Cold penetration, Added cold, if you need more survivability use Life leech...

EDIT: for the above poster: yes all projectiles can hit, but crit is calculated only once IIRC, so either all crit or none

But if all crit, that's still more crit procs. What I'm unsure of is if freeze duration stacks when they all crit, but I'm assuming so.
"
andybmcc wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:

But if all crit, that's still more crit procs. What I'm unsure of is if freeze duration stacks when they all crit, but I'm assuming so.

Sorry my bad, i don't know why i read that post as better crit chance XD I guess i need a coffee :P

And on topic: you could also add increased crit modifier support if you are running a crit build OP :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Mar 4, 2013, 2:25:10 PM
GMP looks the better option but in practice LMP is better since you won't hit with all 5 GMP projectiles, it's just a waste of mana and gives you weaker projectiles.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
GMP looks the better option but in practice LMP is better since you won't hit with all 5 GMP projectiles, it's just a waste of mana and gives you weaker projectiles.

First of all thanks for all the answers so far. I've now bought GMP and gonna try it a bit. I just killed Oak with it on Cruel without dieing once, and imo i've hitted him with all 5 Projectiles because he really suffered mad damage couple of times when i was critting him, and the GMP gem is still at lvl 1 so the dmg will get even bigger.
I think GMP is an good choice imo, but most likely i need to skill some +mana passives now to not run out of mana too fast.. i think thats an good idea aswell because im already near to the +mana passives at the witch starter point (im playing shadow), one of them gives 12% more mana, and there are also some 8% ones, and theres also the passive which grants 40% faster mana reg rate, so i think it should work good with those passives
IGNs: Narkath, OshikuruDemonSamurai
Faster Projectiles adds a freakin' pile of damage too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info