Getting oneshotted

I survived the whole storyline without dying. I oneshotted rare and unique bosses. Kitava wouldn't even make my health bar go to 95% and I have a crazy amount of leech and my first map which was the pen I got oneshotted. 6k armour all res capped 75% 3.5k hp. I would go into the first boss and even with my decoy totem on I would die instantly. I put my totem and before it even raises it is destroyed and at the second it dies I die too. Wtf is this balance?
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2018, 12:14:27 AM
Sounds like you didn't check for resistances after defeating Kitava. Could be wrong.

Set your preferences so we can see your character.

One thing... use your hat or boots to set up a CWDT set, or if that's not your thing one of the triggered melee attacks like Vengeance.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 15, 2018, 12:41:59 PM
sounds like reflect damage.

The first time this happened to me it turns out I was killing myself.

Check the map mod for reflect damage.

I could be wrong but this sounds very much like my own experience. I facepalmed pretty hard after that.
Can't say much without knowing what the map mods were.

I believe that boss uses barrage though, so technically it was probably a few shots. And if map mod is +projectiles... then it could be as much as 8 or 10 shots :)
Pen is the worst choice to begin mapping with. Heavy overlapping lightning damage with sick potential if it scores crit.

Your HP is also ridiculously low even for the lowest tier maps. It's a melee build, to begin with.

So it was a combination of a poorly designed build and a poorly designed boss fight.
Epic fail on both sides, does it stack?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 15, 2018, 1:20:21 PM
3.5k life lol, kitava wouldn't move your lifebar? Every attack he does is like 90% of that -_-

I'm not even sure you can get enough leech with 3500 life to stand in his shit
Bs double post (edit)
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Sep 15, 2018, 12:52:27 PM
So you stood in the Storm Burst cloud and when the projectiles popped you got shotgunned. Die and learn, I guess.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Map mods? I died to a Boss 4 times once because i didn't do any damage, at the 5th try (right before i died) i saw she was immune to Elemental damage.... since then i check the mods twice :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info