Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 28, 2019, 8:54:35 PM
I just started an Ancestral Warchief Hierophant and it feels fun and strong. Currently finishing the story (with leveling gear, though) and its a breeze. The increased totem duration really makes the vaal skill version feel much better than on other characters.

But the totem sadly keeps getting stuck on every pebble, since it cant use its leap attack correctly. While it works great in open terrain, it sometimes will just try to jump over the same obstacle for its whole duration, never adjusting its jump to make it. Like a player trying to leap slam at a distant target, not making it, and then just repeating the exact same angle and everything until the end of times.

Since its a vaal skill with a somewhat short base duration of 6 seconds, its pretty annoying to lose your soul stacks that way.
I honestly think this is a really cool skill. I really do. I do find it very unfortunate that the description of the skill isn't consistent with other vaal skills, though.

In this regard I'm talking about the soul gain prevention duration. Vaal Ancestral Warchief's soul gain prevention duration is increased by modifiers to totem duration. This is not reflected in the skill description, unfortunately.

By not being consistent with other vaal skills I mean that other vaal skills where modifiers to skill duration affect the soul gain prevention duration explicitly state this in the skill description. This is good. This is the kind of accuracy and clarity that I'm expecting of GGG. But by this metric, Vaal Ancestral Warchief should also explicitly state that modifiers to totem duration affect the soul gain prevention duration in its description or the modifiers to totem duration shouldn't affect soul gain prevention duration.

Again, I enjoy the skill, but the description or the skill could use a little tweaking in order for them to match each other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info