[3.4] Delve League - neoCrown's CI Occultist PP Skele Dark Pact Oath of Agony Build

This is my first build guide as a long time lurker of the forums. As a preface, I have never tried chaos-based skills before and I was surprised at how viable and smooth my jack of all trades build was at clearing both lower and higher tier content. As the build evolves, I will try the hardest content in the game including Shaper and Uber Elder.

These are examples of the build at work:

3.4 Untainted Paradise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46mgerCoxqI
3.4 Normal Atziri Battle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkZQHziAok

Added 9/9/18
3.4 Tier 9 Waste Pool clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGAvRStIe6A
3.4 Tier 10 Bog clear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoq0Oe0RZXY

Added 11/9/18
3.4 All Yellow Guardians - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPE6Jftxp0
3.4 Yellow Elder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-MRff_0kA

Added 14/9/18
3.4 Phoenix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eX8z85TNtA
3.4 Hydra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg26Cm68xCQ

Other variations of the build utilising the same tree setup:

Bow version
3.4 Toxic Rain Death's Oath - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu8iC7tgnrs

Speedfarm version
3.4 Death's Oath The Scourge Wolf Army version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEFZJKMQ9us

Build mechanics
Spoiler
This build revolves around utilising multiple skills that scales off chaos damage, including poison. Firstly, our clear speed comes from the unique

To negate the downsides of the chaos damage taken on kill, we take the Chaos Innoculation node to become immune to chaos damage. Next, in order to easily reach high energy shield levels and sustain it, we go with the Occultist Ascendancy that provide both through Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion.

Next, we take advantage of the new minion damage nodes in the tree such as Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command that provide additional scaling to our own damage and attack speed. We use 2 Poet's Pens in our build linked with Summon Skeleton and Dark Pact
We trigger the two spells in our Poet's Pens with Power Siphon. The reason I chose Power Siphon is because it does not need to be supplemented by Greater Multiple Projectiles as it has in-built additional projectiles for clear speed. In addition, it provides us with added utility with the in-built Culling Strike.

Our Power Siphon is linked with Lesser Poison support gem in order to provide some poison chance on hit. The reason for doing so is because we also run Herald of Agony in our build, maximising our usage of the minion damage nodes in the tree. Herald of Agony boosts our chance to poison even further and also improves our poison damage.

Our damage is enhanced by getting chaos damage, minion damage, and damage over time in the tree. A big part of our dps also depends on our curse effectiveness and aura bonuses. We take nodes in the tree to boost our Despair curse effectiveness.

To fit all our auras including Herald of Agony, we need to reduce mana reserved by socketing enlighten into our aura setup and taking reduce mana reservation nodes in the tree.

To further complement our clear speed, we also take the Profane Bloom node in our Occultist Ascendancy. The explosions from Profane Bloom deal 25% of enemy health as damage which is amazing as the damage scales as the enemy scales.
All in all, the combination of all our damage from multiple sources gives a very good clear speed and single target focus throughout our gameplay.

Path of Building link
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/pFUET5hY

Playstyle

We have two different playstyles in play. Firstly, we run a claw and shield in one weapon set that allows us to simply shield charge and clear with the Death's Aura. Alongside blood rage and fortify, the clear speed and tankiness feels nice. For single target damage, we swap to the other weapon set that has the 2 Poet's Pens. Simply hold down left/right click and watch as the enemy melts form the Dark Pact explosions + Herald of Agony Minion + Poison Damage + Skeleton Attacks.

The build sits safely at 7-8k Energy Shield and the skeleton minions acts as a pseudo taunter during boss fights. We have good evasion chance with flasks up at 60% and the build has 25% block and 25% phys mitigation. In addition, with the Malediction buff/debuff from the Occultist Ascendancy, we take 10% less damage from enemies. Furthermore, chaos damage cannot be reflected and we take negligible physical damage reflect.

Bandits/Ascendancy
Spoiler
For bandits, we go with the 2 extra passive skill points. We can easily cap our resistances with gear and we are not running a crit build.

We take the Occultist Ascendancy for reasons mentioned above.

Gem links
Spoiler
Boots: Herald of Agony - Faster Attacks - Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles

Gloves: Vaal Power Siphon - Lesser Poison - Withering Touch - Added Chaos Damage. It is important for us to place Power Siphon in our glove slot as we take advantage of the elder mods to give us a pseudo six-link

To get 100% poison chance, we can look for gloves with Socketed Gems are supported by level 18 Poison.

Body Armour - Death's Oath: Void Manipulation - Concentrated Effect/Increased AOE - Efficacy - Arcane Surge - Swift Affliction - Less Duration. Normally, Swift Affliction and Less Duration does not work with Death's Oath as it does not have a duration tag. However, with Arcane Surge socketed inside the chest, it gives Death's Aura the duration tag and allows the two gems to work with it.

To properly obtain the right colours on the chest sockets, we use the Vorici method.

I am currently placing my Immortal Call + Cast when damage taken setup in my chest as I try to perfectly colour it. These would otherwise go in the gloves if we have achieved the pseudo links with Faster attacks + chance to poison elder mods.

Helmet - Auras: Blasphemy - Despair - Discipline - Enlighten

Claw - Shield charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Poet's Pen 1 - Summon Skeleton - Minion Life - Empower/Blind

Poet's Pen 2 - Dark Pact - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation

Current Gear

Spoiler

Pantheon

Spoiler
We go with Soul of Lunaris as we try to avoid projectiles chaining off our minions and Soul of Tukohama for additional phys reduction and regen. If we need more regen, we can take Soul of Arakaali.

Interesting/Alternative Uniques

Spoiler

Soul Strike synergises really well with the build as it gives us faster start of energy shield recharge and flat chaos damage. Quill rain is a nice slot in this build for some Toxic Rain shenanigans as it has high attack speed.

This setup goes in our 2nd weapon slot with the shield. With the amount of attack speed this gives us, I believe this is now the best in slot weapon for our clear setup. Extra 70% damage after hitting enemies via shield charge, 15% attack speed + the 15% minion attack speed that affects us as well is too good to pass up. In addition, we spawn wolves by killing monsters with Death's Aura, giving us a nice pseudotaunt wolf army.

Another idea I have been toying around with. Nice clear speed but needs Leap Slam for mobility. For boss fights, we need the Writhing Jar unique flask to start the Rampage by killing the worms and summon the Dancing Dervish.

Levelling

Spoiler
To level, for those who prefer to try out chaos skills from the start like me, I went with Essence Drain + Contagion linked in the Poet's Pens. If not, then simply level as a life-based witch while taking ample amounts of spell damage.

To equip Death's Oath, we need to be level 62 and have a point in the Chaos Innoculation node. If we want to equip it immediately, we need at least 3k Energy Shield to feel safe. To achieve these values easier, we can take Wicked Ward + Vile Bastion first after finishing Normal and Cruel labyrinth. However, we sacrifice clear speed by not getting Profane Bloom first. If we want to equip it later and focus on farming and levelling, we can take Profane Bloom as our first ascendancy skill point.

Using Arc + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder is a more efficient way to level the character up if you are not fussed about using chaos skills from beginning to end.

Once I have tried the endgame content, I will post videos here. Hope you guys enjoyed the write-up. Please feel free to provide feedback with regards to the build or any deficiencies in the written guide.

Last edited by neoCrown on Sep 14, 2018, 12:25:32 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2018, 2:19:23 PM
First
Nice build

:) looking forward to your harder content like t16 guardian , uber atziri
temple t16, uber elder etc..

:)

maybe with mark of the warlord can replace with no flask pot needed?
and with lightning wrap for harder boss like uber elder / atziri etc?

amulet maybe can replace with Impresence Onyx Amulet for further damage
Last edited by Ending2018 on Sep 8, 2018, 4:42:00 AM
Cheers.

For bossing, I have done Atziri and cleared up to Tier 9's and the bosses melt within 5s. The build is a work in progress and I am saving up currency to do a trial of Shaper Guardians and the Shaper fight itself.

Based on my past experience taking down those bosses, the only hurdle the build will possibly encounter is the Minotaur fight. All the other fights should be good.

For that fight, I will fully upgrade my pantheon and run Temporal Chains/Enfeeble + Despair in my helmet slot with the unique, Heretics Veil. Another option would be to run phys mitigation such as Darkscorn weapon swap and let the herald do the work. Minotaur hits hard and unless we burst him down or have some way to leech/boost ES regen quickly, he will 2-3 shot us. Perhaps the skeletons can do a fair share of taunting with some Phase Run shenanigans.

Uber Elder viability is yet to be seen but should be doable. I have cleared uber elder with Flame Golementalist in the past and with proper understanding of the mechanics, this build can tackle it.

I am definitely trying out these bosses in this league and will put up the videos her once I attempt them.
Last edited by neoCrown on Sep 8, 2018, 4:36:06 AM
wan to try this build since i am kind of bore with always arc or vd poet build?
and is pretty expensive

wan try that can do ele reflect with poet
maybe with my sugggustion

amulet use Impresence Onyx Amulet for Extra dps
Kaoms boots / Taste of hate etc for uber elder?

what you think?
Last edited by Ending2018 on Sep 8, 2018, 4:46:00 AM
Indeed, this build is safe against elemental and physical reflect. The chaos Impresence Onyx Amulet would be a good boost to dps and help with the despair mana reservation but they are expensive (4.5 exalts at the moment). With some shuffling of resistances, we can fit that amulet in the build but at the cost of some energy shield.

Another source of chaos damage we can put in is the Apep's Supremacy shield as it gives us some flat chaos damage. To do the Chimera boss fights smoothly, we may need that shield as it makes us immune to bleeding damage which the Chimera boss can dish out pretty often.

Taste of hate would be good but again, pretty expensive at 2 exalts currently.

Kaom's roots would be very good utility during the Uber Elder fight as we can move during his siphoning ability. But we otherwise get no benefits from it apart from that as we are CI build and not life based.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely see if I can fit in the chaos impresence amulet into the build but making the Kaom's Roots work is a bit difficult unless we are running life based builds and have good mobility.
"
neoCrown wrote:
Indeed, this build is safe against elemental and physical reflect. The chaos Impresence Onyx Amulet would be a good boost to dps and help with the despair mana reservation but they are expensive (4.5 exalts at the moment). With some shuffling of resistances, we can fit that amulet in the build but at the cost of some energy shield.

Another source of chaos damage we can put in is the Apep's Supremacy shield as it gives us some flat chaos damage. To do the Chimera boss fights smoothly, we may need that shield as it makes us immune to bleeding damage which the Chimera boss can dish out pretty often.

Taste of hate would be good but again, pretty expensive at 2 exalts currently.

Kaom's roots would be very good utility during the Uber Elder fight as we can move during his siphoning ability. But we otherwise get no benefits from it apart from that as we are CI build and not life based.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely see if I can fit in the chaos impresence amulet into the build but making the Kaom's Roots work is a bit difficult unless we are running life based builds and have good mobility.

thanks your welcome going to level this and try out the build
i like death oath as it dont need 6L
about the blood immue maybe with blood immue flask ?
then about jewel some unique will be like
Energy from Within
Eldritch Knowledge maybe this?
hmmmm

Gem vaal summon skeleton with 1 that can auto spam when needed
Last edited by Ending2018 on Sep 8, 2018, 5:48:58 AM
Yeah, Death's Oath is fun to play with. Just remember to get the right colours on the sockets.

I am running a bleed flask by default. However, the chimera boss fight has many phases and if I happen to run out of flask charges, the bleed might be an issue. Going Apep's Supremacy allows us to ignore bleed and also frees up a utility flask slot for maybe Coralito's Signature or a basalt flask for more phys mitigation.

If we want to fit a Vaal Summmon Skeleton somewhere, maybe put it in a rare Unset Ring. We are pretty tight on gem slots as it is at the moment.

In terms of unique jewels to help survivability/damage, a good upgrade would be a Watcher's Eye Elder Unique Jewel with bonuses to Discipline such as 'gain energy shield on hit while affected by discipline' or 'increased energy shield regen/rate while affected by discipline'.

Thanks for reminding me about jewels. I am currently running two Cobalt jewels with priority on Increased Maximum Energy Shield, Chaos Damage, Strength/Resistances where needed. I am also running an abyss jewel with flat energy shield and chance to gain onslaught on kill which is nice for clear speed. Not sure if we can fit energy from within into the build unless we move around some points for more jewel sockets.

More upgrade options - With this glove, we have 125% chance to poison on hit. The only limiting factor would be accuracy and attack speed.

Last edited by neoCrown on Sep 8, 2018, 6:41:57 AM
"
neoCrown wrote:
Yeah, Death's Oath is fun to play with. Just remember to get the right colours on the sockets.

I am running a bleed flask by default. However, the chimera boss fight has many phases and if I happen to run out of flask charges, the bleed might be an issue. Going Apep's Supremacy allows us to ignore bleed and also frees up a utility flask slot for maybe Coralito's Signature or a basalt flask for more phys mitigation.

If we want to fit a Vaal Summmon Skeleton somewhere, maybe put it in a rare Unset Ring. We are pretty tight on gem slots as it is at the moment.

In terms of unique jewels to help survivability/damage, a good upgrade would be a Watcher's Eye Elder Unique Jewel with bonuses to Discipline such as 'gain energy shield on hit while affected by discipline' or 'increased energy shield regen/rate while affected by discipline'.

Thanks for reminding me about jewels. I am currently running two Cobalt jewels with priority on Increased Maximum Energy Shield, Chaos Damage, Strength/Resistances where needed. I am also running an abyss jewel with flat energy shield and chance to gain onslaught on kill which is nice for clear speed. Not sure if we can fit energy from within into the build unless we move around some points for more jewel sockets.

More upgrade options - With this glove, we have 125% chance to poison on hit. The only limiting factor would be accuracy and attack speed.

nice as u mention the 6S for death oath is CWDT necessary
say i got all the color i wanted
nice glove
mine is this
Nice!!

Good luck with the build. If you manage to try any of the bosses before me and have more ideas, let me know and I will change the build accordingly.

Have fun!
Added 11/9/18
3.4 All Yellow Guardians - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPE6Jftxp0
3.4 Yellow Elder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-MRff_0kA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info