[3.4] Summonating Blow, Unholy Fists of Dominance (WIP)

Can i get a tree? i Know its simple but i wanna see one
First time I post on a build but I wanted to play Dominating Blow. I first went for a totally different build (theorycrafted) but yours seem far more fun to play.

I have questions if people can answer, I'm still a "noob" at building in this game...
1) Why consecrated path and not leap slam ? For lab or for farming, I feel like leap slam is better. Consecrated path does a lot of damage but if we want minions we need to kill using Dominating Blow so I'm missing somehting here ?

2) Why no haste ? Many summoner builds use it and I feel like it should be nice here. Don't we have enough reserve for it ?

3) I might be a little noob here but... is it normal that I sometimes really have a hard time trying to have minions with dominating blow ? I need to hit them with the skill that feels really slow (I use splash to have more minions at once) and really often my zombies or already existing sentinels (dominating or purity) kill mobs...

Thanks a lot for your answers, this build seems really awesome !
"
I have questions if people can answer, I'm still a "noob" at building in this game...
1) Why consecrated path and not leap slam ? For lab or for farming, I feel like leap slam is better. Consecrated path does a lot of damage but if we want minions we need to kill using Dominating Blow so I'm missing somehting here ?

2) Why no haste ? Many summoner builds use it and I feel like it should be nice here. Don't we have enough reserve for it ?

3) I might be a little noob here but... is it normal that I sometimes really have a hard time trying to have minions with dominating blow ? I need to hit them with the skill that feels really slow (I use splash to have more minions at once) and really often my zombies or already existing sentinels (dominating or purity) kill mobs...

Great questions, I'll try and answer as best as my noobly self can.

1) I'm attempting to use consecrated path here because of the synergy it provides with the rest of the build. I dont want to kill with it, but I do want to use it to keep my momentum going, curse enemies, provide lots of healing patches for my minions, and buff me with fortify. It's also new and novel and why not ya know? As a true mobility skill it kind of blows because unless there's an enemy where your mouse is you just slam the ground. So conditionally (As in lab) I would recommend a wep switch to reach the area youd like. Maybe even a offhand with defensive capabilities to assist through the traps.

2) Haste would work wonderfully here! This build is meant to be more of a plug and play for different conditions. Want to speed through maps, Or Delve deep where speed is not necessarily the most important factor, plug and play gems that best suit your needs.

3) I usually find that if I dont have all of my minions out then I dont really need them as fights are not lasting long enough to create them all. Is this an issue? Not sure yet, time well tell but for now it's definitely something to pay attention to. Remember your sentinels of dominance (13) are coming from a debuff provided through dominating blow and not necessarily from you providing a killing shot. So as long as someone is killing an enemy within that window after you have struck, you shouldn't have trouble keeping the bulk of your army available. For sentinels of purity, you only get four, so if they are there wonderful! but if not well I'll just try hitting harder. Also, faster attacks helps a lot. Currently I'm not using chaber cairn but a rare 2hander with attack speed. This coupled with Ancestral call means every time I swing 3 enemies are receiving the dominating blow debuff.

Hope this helps, glad you are enjoying the build. If you make any discoveries please share them. Definitely an evolving build!
Last edited by Joomin on Sep 2, 2018, 6:22:43 PM
Dom blow is going great so far, i have tried many combination. So far i like smite with it over consecrated,and minions not carrying over to boss rooms (from dom blow) really hurts. Relying on other minions like small zombie squad, spectres and animate guardian really helps until a boss spawns minions. It just wrecks map clearing, and if i refine the boss fights it will be one of my favorite builds in a very long time. Once i can scourge claw i feel it will be insane.
Checking in again...

im at 82 now doing T8-10 maps carrying a 3 man party. Using chaber cairn with melee splash over ancestral call because AC doesn't work to support the minions. anything that supports attacks works with supporting the dominated minions however they will not get the extra clones from AC so melee splash is used because it works on DB and minions. this is subject to change but my 6l plans to be: dominating blow/minion damage/ melee phys/ melee splash/ maim/ brutality switching in ruthless for splash on big bosses.

One other thing i am realizing is that to make Herald of purity minions strong enough to be worth carrying means you must 4-6L them. using them now in a 4l means i am reserving 63% of my mana to use them and while they are decently strong on a 4l and better on a 6l I now have no mana to be able to reserve for hatred or haste or discipline or Purity of elements or anything else really since i still need some leftover mana to use Dom Blow as i map. Considering dropping Herald of Purity all together and switching in a pack of zombies. This will in turn help with the starting momentum and making some dominated minions as Domb Blow on its own doesn't horrible damage but just en0ough to get a pack of white mobs to run the map.

One idea i have thought of to keep Herald of Purity minions in play is to keep them as a CoH setup instead of reserving much more mana for a blasphemy curse.

Lots of food for thought. I hope this helps my summoner bros as we all learn how to make this build strong. Don't give up!
Just to be clear here, are you saying ancestral call does not trigger the debuff required for sentinels of dominance? Or are you just saying that minions do not benefit from ancestral call as they do with melee splash, so melee splash is a better option because it benefits both minions as well as yourself?

If the latter is what your saying, which I think it is, are you finding that without ancestral call that your able to maintain a good number of sentinels? Disregard, just tested! Works a hell of a lot better at spreading that debuff!

Also, thanks for sharing your progress. I'm curious to see all the variations this build can lead to the deeper we delve. Lol...
Last edited by Joomin on Sep 3, 2018, 12:31:42 AM
"
Joomin wrote:
Just to be clear here, are you saying ancestral call does not trigger the debuff required for sentinels of dominance? Or are you just saying that minions do not benefit from ancestral call as they do with melee splash, so melee splash is a better option because it benefits both minions as well as yourself?

If the latter is what your saying, which I think it is, are you finding that without ancestral call that your able to maintain a good number of sentinels? Disregard, just tested! Works a hell of a lot better at spreading that debuff!

Also, thanks for sharing your progress. I'm curious to see all the variations this build can lead to the deeper we delve. Lol...

To be a little clearer, what i am saying is: although ancestral call applies the debuff along side melee splash in a wide range, it doesnt benefit being in the links for your minions in anyway and it even hurts them as it applies the Less multiplier to the minions. throw out AC, melee splash is enough. And yes i maintain sentinels just fine through out tough maps.
Absolutely agree! Thank you for pointing it out, initially I had thought AC was worth it to apply the debuff, even with the negative multiplier. I didn't realize melee splash would do the job. I'll update first thing tomorrow morning to reflect the changes. Thanks again!
"
Joomin wrote:
"

Great questions, I'll try and answer as best as my noobly self can.

1) I'm attempting to use consecrated path here because of the synergy it provides with the rest of the build. I dont want to kill with it, but I do want to use it to keep my momentum going, curse enemies, provide lots of healing patches for my minions, and buff me with fortify. It's also new and novel and why not ya know? As a true mobility skill it kind of blows because unless there's an enemy where your mouse is you just slam the ground. So conditionally (As in lab) I would recommend a wep switch to reach the area youd like. Maybe even a offhand with defensive capabilities to assist through the traps.

2) Haste would work wonderfully here! This build is meant to be more of a plug and play for different conditions. Want to speed through maps, Or Delve deep where speed is not necessarily the most important factor, plug and play gems that best suit your needs.

3) I usually find that if I dont have all of my minions out then I dont really need them as fights are not lasting long enough to create them all. Is this an issue? Not sure yet, time well tell but for now it's definitely something to pay attention to. Remember your sentinels of dominance (13) are coming from a debuff provided through dominating blow and not necessarily from you providing a killing shot. So as long as someone is killing an enemy within that window after you have struck, you shouldn't have trouble keeping the bulk of your army available. For sentinels of purity, you only get four, so if they are there wonderful! but if not well I'll just try hitting harder. Also, faster attacks helps a lot. Currently I'm not using chaber cairn but a rare 2hander with attack speed. This coupled with Ancestral call means every time I swing 3 enemies are receiving the dominating blow debuff.

Hope this helps, glad you are enjoying the build. If you make any discoveries please share them. Definitely an evolving build!

Thank you a lot for your answers !
1) Indead, having Leap Slam in the inventory just in case is something I can do ^^ I'll give consecrated path a try !
2) I see. I'll do some tests with Haste maybe
3) Thanks a lot, it helps a lot to understand the full build !

Another question if you're okay with it : I saw some other builds using Punishment curse. The buff seems to work on all minions hitting in melee. Enfeeble is great for defense (reducing enemy's damage) so for hard content and punishment for farming ?

I must add that it is a pleasure to see someone being that quick to answer ! First time I ever post something on this forum for a build to understand it fully and develop it, it makes the game and theorycrafting even more satisfying, thanks to you !!
Thank you Soltes.

In response to your question regarding enfeeble/punishment I don't see any flaws with that line of thinking. As kaype pointed out on page 2 of the comments, certain enemies won't even be affected by the punishment curse. Defensive priority go enfeeble, when speed is the objective, punishment is a clear winner.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info