Ask a Question Game - Backwater Thread

^ Promo material courtesy of j33bus.

---

Because a backwater forum might just do with a slow thread aside from the flat earth one, and questions are fun. We'll see:

Rules:

Answer the question in the post before, and only the post before. No arguing. Questions need to be one line. Answers can be any length

Google is fine, opinionated BS is fine, humour, a picture, whatever - it's your answer.
Then, after you answer, you ask a question for the next poster to answer. Questions can be anything that wont get [removed by support]. Your question can be based off the previous answer, it can be personal, it can be rhetorical, whatever.

And so on.

Bonus points for answering with a song clip.

Question: Why do people hunt?
Last edited by erdelyii on May 24, 2019, 1:40:55 PM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2019, 1:17:13 AM
"
erdelyii wrote:

Question: Why do people hunt?

There probably isn't a single simple answer for this. It could be tradition, in my region of the world it's a rite of passage and a very bonding experience between a parent and their children. It could be just for the thrill of the hunt. It could be due to living in a harsh environment and it fills the need to be self-sustaining. It could be because that's the only way to fulfill the urge to kill something.

Could also be that you can't just go to the grocery store and buy deer meat or other game meats. Does your local grocery store sell rabbit meat? I'd bet that's highly unlikely.

Depends on who you ask. :)

Who's the better writer, J.R.R. Tolkien or George R.R. Martin?
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 18, 2018, 8:07:37 PM
A: Not all people hunt, most of those who do are following the #PlantLivesMatter movement.

Q: If you could swap the complete populations of two countries, which ones would you swap ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
We do what we do because we do. We can what we can so it doesn’t spoil.

What is the largest animal you’ve ever seen in the wild?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Replies! Nice! I'm always shy to start threads :3

Lachdanan, looks like you posted at the same time as Shovelcut, and Charan went for the writer question.

Funny and well-written song Charan, by the way :)

"
CanHasPants wrote:

What is the largest animal you’ve ever seen in the wild?

Humpback whales, in the Whitsunday Islands (Great Barrier Reef). They go there to calve each Southern Winter. It was memorable to see them in the water. I knew they were big, but seeing their body just keep going and going ... and going as they surfaced and swam back down was something else.

I'll go with Lachdann's question:

Q: If you could swap the complete populations of two countries, which ones would you swap ?

"
erdelyii wrote:

A: One two options, either USA and Russia, just to fuck with them or Israel and Palestine. Yes, I'm an evil and awful human being.

Q: If you could choose one of them, would your rather be able to fly and be unaffected by extremely low atmosphere preassure or be able to breathe underwater and be unaffected by the high (water)preassure (for example in the deep sea)?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Also, the final nail in the coffin: would you rather be The Boy Who Could Fly, or this sad bastard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-mkoxEdSVg

So relatable. I <3 Aquaman, always have.

"
Charan wrote:
With the understanding it's been many years since the divergence...which makes for a better carb filler, pasta or noodles?

Word

Noodles. No question. No such thing as fettucini goreng. The texture and flavour of noodles is better too.

Also, filler is nothing without the sauces and veges and here there is absolutely no contest for me. Asia is where the flavours are at, I think.

Mmmm.

Q: If you could time travel to the past and take one thing with you, where would you go and what would you take back?

Last edited by erdelyii on Aug 19, 2018, 8:31:05 PM
A: To increase the chances of not beeing killed outright after arrival, i would go with the celtic timeline, cheat in some kids, rewrite the roman propaganda and pillage one of those goldcoated halfringlike necklaces, i heared they have been pretty liberals.

Q:
How can Earth have a Magnetic field when all hot(2k-degree) magnets loose its properties to create one ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Aug 20, 2018, 1:51:12 PM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
A: To increase the chances of not beeing killed outright after arrival, i would go with the celtic timeline, cheat in some kids, rewrite the roman propaganda and pillage one of those goldcoated halfringlike necklaces, i heared they have been pretty liberals.

Q:
How can Earth have a Magnetic field when all hot(2k-degree) magnets loose its properties to create one ?

A.) The Earth's magnetic field is generated by electric currents due to the motion of convection currents of molten iron in the Earth's outer core driven by heat escaping from the core, a natural process called a geodynamo.

Where you have moving electricity, you have magnetic fields. Not always, or even often, strong ones. In this case one could describe the Earth's magnetic field as an electromagnetic field and not be entirely incorrect. Rare earth magnets are a different thing entirely, though I imagine there's also a great whacking heap of rare earths in molten form within the core of the planet.

Good thing it's there, though. Solar winds are a bitch.

Q.) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, were a woodchuck possessed of the physical capability of forcibly propelling wood through the air in a vector of its choosing?
"
1453R wrote:

Q.) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, were a woodchuck possessed of the physical capability of forcibly propelling wood through the air in a vector of its choosing?

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck were possessed of the physical capability of forcibly propelling wood through the air in a vector of its choosing.

Q.) Which gig/ festival would you go to if you could go to any one, ever, including ones in the past and why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info