Chaos Indicator

I noticed problem with noticing Chaos Damage taken especially with big Energy Shield covers almost all Life Bar. if Chaos Damage is taken it's hard to see this, and as fast as we can react and do something.
I suggest make some indication on Life or Energy Shield Bar when We get Chaos Damage.
Changing colour of Energy Shield, or make visible Life Bar throughout Energy Shield or some kind of transparency of Energy Shield with colour changing etc. for example Energy Shield becomes yellow where covers life, where Life is not covered becomes purple if Chaos Damage is taken, or all Energy Shield becomes yellow when Chaos is taken etc.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on Oct 12, 2018, 7:13:29 PM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2019, 4:10:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The only time that the energy shield orb covers a MAJORITY of your health orb is if your maximum energy shield outnumbers your maximum life by at least 10:1. Anything less, but greater than, IIRC, 1/3 of your max life, and you get the same "covers about 1/4 of the orb," which leaves it plenty visible.

Also, if you use the mini-life-bar above yourself, the ES bar IS transparent, too... To the point where its visibility is actually slightly WORSE for CI builds.

Lastly, the game DOES have an indicator for when you take chaos damage from a hit. There is a VERY distinctive sound effect that plays when a hit you take also inflicts chaos damage. My recommendation is to turn the sound back on for the game so you can hear it.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Did you take Arcane Vision? You don’t want that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Yours explanation is little too complicated.
Not always Energy Shield covers in this manner You described, not always players can see when Chaos Damage is applied on Them and not always players can hear sound when Chaos Damage is taken, many inquiries proves this. I'm still saying that indication of Chaos Damaging on Energy Shield could help in playing.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
There is a VERY distinctive sound effect that plays when a hit you take...

On Youtube is many movies where players die and They did not notice from what, but it was chaos.
Last edited by koszmarnica on Aug 18, 2018, 5:54:35 PM
If your ES is covering so much of your life that you need better indications of when you're taking chaos damage, you absolutely need the Shav's / Lorica mod "Chaos Damage Does Not Bypass Energy Shield."

There will be times when having massive chaos resistance simply won't be enough on such low life.

But I agree there are probably a few extra things that can be done for this. Having ES as a separate bar above life when you enable bars above the character would work great (and switch it to below the mana bar when EB is on).

In terms of the globe, I wonder if splitting it up like the Demon Hunter's resources in Diablo 3 might work out for extra clarity. Or reduce how much ES covers life so that it's never the majority of the globe.

I do not believe adding in any extra colors or flashy effects are needed. Making your life easier to see is simply a function of making the ES not cover up life so much that it's hard to see.

Also, why on earth are you using colors to emphasize words and phrases? I don't know about others but to me it makes reading the words more difficult.
I'm going to disagree with your point purely for your asinine title and disrespect to standard players, when your issue has nothing to do with it.

So git gud.
It is thoughtful move becouse Standard players have incomplete knowledge.
And yet you're the one complaining about something no one else has an issue with.
"
koszmarnica wrote:

All the mechanics you're talking about work exactly the same way in all leagues.
"
koszmarnica wrote:

So there is not just racism in real world. There is also players racism in this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info