Is it just me or...

Does the game, lootwise, feel like it has a behaviour rewarding script running?
I'm playing different chars and builds, using certain skills, and then some uniques drop which fit my theme. I equip them, and find more fitting stuff. Cheap ones, but still very useful.

I can't remember the last time I was on a streak of finding items that were horrible for me.
It's like GGG is training a index/user stat tracking AI script, that feeds us items based on what skill gems we use, asking "is this what you like?" and keeps giving more if we equip it, due to reinforced learning.

No tinfoil here.
Just saying that this doesn't feel like RNG, way against coincidential odds.
Anyone else noticed this?

Makes only sense:
A) the technology is there, GGG can do it, this isn't impossible scifi fantasy.
B) it would be very beneficial for devs to mine data on player behaviour, unique gear and skill relationships etc...

I bet the stats they post occasionally are just the bare tip of the datamined iceberg they got.
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 8:22:16 AM
"
DudeTheLegend wrote:
No tinfoil here.

Sure thing.
Well, all you have to do to test out your theory is pick up and identify every single rare item drop. I'm pretty sure what your conclusion will be.
"
Shabob wrote:
Well, all you have to do to test out your theory is pick up and identify every single rare item drop. I'm pretty sure what your conclusion will be.

How what duh....
I was talking about equipped items.
"Time spent" on you, in relation to use of skill gems etc.

Man I just love how people don't read shit and chime in.
Go try twitter?
What you're talking about is some sort of "smart-loot-system", like D3 has.

And thats the reason PoE doesnt have and will never have something like this. If D3 has it, it would be too casual and too rewarding for PoE players.
RNG is RNG is RNG... YAWN!!!

If the drops you get fit that build then consider yourself lucky and be happy. Most of the time RNGesus is not on our side (drops are crap shit). For example, the 2 Chaos recipe requires 2 rings and 1 amulet. At the beginning and through most of Incursion I get plenty of amulets and few rings (I assume this is the gated item to limit use of the recipe). But now nearing the end of the league I have plenty of rings and few amulets. Is GGG deliberately changing their drop rates from league beginning until near the end? They could do that (we'll never know) but it's more likely the streaky random nature of RNG.

So put your tin foil hat back in the closet and just enjoy your luck.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 16, 2018, 7:16:59 AM
If you don't have any tin foil, you really need to go get some.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info