Help with Crafting of Citaqualotl's Wand

I still consider myself a newbie, this is my second season. Last season my character was crap (and I gave up on it halfway). This season I think it is at least decent. I am playing a necromancer.
Few weeks ago I found this wand in the temple of Atzoatl:

I really like the minion increased damage mod, but I would like to improve the wand with some crafting. I'd like some chaos resistance and maybe intelligence or cast speed, but I think that would also be suffixes like minion-increase-damage, therefore meta-crafting does not really help? Do I get that right?
Is there some way to add those desired mods besides pure luck?
In the prefix-section the only interesting mod is +level-socketed-gems and maybe +mana, so can I add those and secure the minions-increase-damage with Tora's meta-crafting-mod?
Could maybe be worth it with some other gems in it, likely my auras with enlighten.

Would be happy for any advice. Thx!

Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 1:47:28 PM
A) this is a blue item. It can only have 1 prefix and 1 suffix. it currently has a prefix, so you can only craft a suffix atm.

If you really want to make it better, i would suggest first using an Augment orb. This will give it a random suffix. Then you use a regal orb, which will give it another random mod (either pre or suff), AND make it rare.

Now that it's rare, and has an open prefix and suffix slot, you can craft any ONE available mod onto it. This is the cheapest way to take that from 1 mod to 4 mods. you can generally only craft one mod onto an item.

ALTERNATIVELY: You can skip the augment orb. Just using a Regal Orb will make it a 2 mod rare. This leaves FOUR open crafting slots. Elreon level 8 has a suffix that costs 2 exalted orbs : Can have multiple crafted mods. You now have 3 mods, and can craft THREE more onto the item. note that this is obviously fairly expensive (and probably not worth it for this particular item).

Last edited by Thror2k5 on Aug 15, 2018, 1:36:51 PM
Thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info