Need Help with Scion build

I'm trying to make a Perma VaalEQ/Cyclone Slayer/Pathfinder for speed-mapping T1-14 and Uber Lab. I usually follow build guides but I want to learn to make my own.

Here is my current Tree: https://pastebin.com/fncEQMsn

I plan on stacking 3 might of the meeks at the scion to get more aoe and movespeed.

Any help or suggestions would be great!
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 5:46:19 AM
Nothing wrong with the concept but execution should be better.

The tree is far from optimal bcos Starforge and Bloody Bludgeon or Blunt instrument don´t fit each other (different weapon types).

You have missed some powerful nodes such as Golem´s Blood, the socket nearby, Discipline and Training and Amplify etc.

You will need good physical mitigation for uber lab through EC or other sources (think about taking an extra EC passives etc)

I would prefer rare jewels over Might of the meek bcos benefit seems rather low.

Thief´s torment is better for fast hitting skills such as moltenstrike, TS/barrage with lots of projectiles than cyclone or Vaal skills.

Steel rings with lots of life, resistances and physical damage should be a better choice.

Think about using things that will boost your Vaal skill in different ways.

Things such as Atziri's Reign, Sacrificial Harvest jewels and/or Flesh and Spirit gloves (or Vaal Caress) seems too good to miss etc
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_skill
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 15, 2018, 10:17:44 AM
Thanks for your input!

I decided to just switch to pure Slayer since I want to breeze through lab traps, maximise my leech rate, cull and avoid bleed. Here is the new tree: https://pastebin.com/8kx7UGVg

I changed my tree around to make room for those nodes you mentioned and replaced MoTM with rare jewels.

I plan on starting with marohi >> Starforge then spec into sword tree.
As for phys mitigation now that I am pure slayer I think having a ton of overkill leech and CWDT + IC will be sufficient.

Unfortunately I didn't know you couldn't use Vaal EQ when cycloning so i may just use Vaal cyclone instead.
The tree looks better but changing the tree to get sword passives later seems rather waste of time and currency.

You would use any cheap unique sword such as Doomsower till you can afford Starforge.

"
blobota wrote:
As for phys mitigation now that I am pure slayer I think having a ton of overkill leech and CWDT + IC will be sufficient.

5k life + cwdt (IC) won´t save you even with overleech.

You should have an extra physical mitigation or it would work with high evasion and QoTF body armour with decent amount of life (5k is low for 2h build) and some extra damage reduction (enfeeble, fortify ..).

You need 5* offcolour in QoTF though (or linked weapon) and different tree (taking Brutal blade and Acrobatics shouldn´t be problem though).

You wanted to move fast (need either good movement speed or fast movement skill) for effective runs.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 16, 2018, 9:58:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info