Survival Issues in Act 8. HOT / HOI + ARC

Hello,

Attempting my first witch build, was doing alright up to Act 8 where I am running into some survival issues. I really wish this game had a combat log so that I could see how much damage I was taking in per hit, some monsters I am dying in seconds, other times I feel quite tanky.

Witch name is FoxSakes, I just dove into the game and started playing. Grabbed passives as I went and focused initially on lightning damage. After getting my 4th point into ascension I had the bright idea of trying to use herald of thunder and herald of lightning together, with eventual plans to get the proper items and gems to try and get them to chain react together.

My offense right now feels quite good, and despite my general resistances (aside from chaos) I should be alright. Not sure what my HP / Mana shield values should be around this part of the game.

I don't want to look up someone elses successful builds, getting into the theory crafting is over half the game after all! I'm ok with a failed build, but understanding why this is a failed build is the most important thing for me.

General advice on how to get more survive would be greatly appreciated for my next attempt / gathering items to correct and fix this one if it's not too far off.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nebri/characters
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2018, 12:55:02 PM
I might not be the best person to point out everything, but it seems to me your build is just about all over the place when it comes to spending points. First you take all three Elemental Walker notables, even though the benefit is pretty small considering your gear seems to have plenty of resistances too.

The build also seems very point heavy on the offensive departement, taking both the Lightning and the majority of the Cold wheel. This is quite the investment.

But I think the biggest issue is that you take Mind over Matter while seemingly doing some Energy Shield /Life hybrid build. Mind over Matter doesn't affect Energy Shield damage and I would say you're better off focusing more on Life/Mana and foregoing pure Energy Shield passives altogether. They'll help you mitigate burst, but little else.

There's quite a few Life+Mana nodes accessible to you. They should help you out quite a bit. The Templar Area also has some good Life Nodes to pick up should you wish to travel there.

So tl;dr - You're splitting a lot of points on both Life and ES nodes, which probably gets you less survivability than going pure Life would considering you have MoM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info