So read the announcement and watched the trailer...

Snark ahead, turn back if you that isn't something you can handle.

It's been nearly a year, is it really that hard to include any Xbox captures in this hype train? A single clip isn't asking that much is it? I can make video super easy on Xbox. Not even a screen shot? Come on GGG.

Dynamite and flares - say goodbye to two of your skill slots this league. Fully expecting not a single explanation just like nets. (prove me wrong anyone not named Jeff). Let's just pray careful aiming isn't something needed...

Quick looting and reliance on movement skills to avoid darkness death, but I play on the platform where desync from movement skills is king and looting is a spastic fight with the right stick praying it picks the item you want. Add in that we can't control loot filters and I'm thinking it's gonna be a bad time. The most grateful I was last/this league was incursion waited to throw loot at you until afterwards.

Releases 4 days after PC, this is actually an improvement from go live. GGG will blow their load on PC release and expect jack shit for Xbox release, in fact, expect spoilers on the site for shit they wanted PC to experience first.

This league actually looks interesting, but it's probably a hard pass for me. I can't keep pretending my will to play will be enough to overcome the discrepancies between platforms. You keep adding shit I'll be lucky to see on the trade-board for more currency than most can afford, if it's even priced and hard as shit to find, if it's there. No reasonable multiplayer, guilds, PVP, forum linking, answers to movement de-sync and nobody is slumming it enough to talk to us about the future of the platform. I don't even care that stash pricing isn't a thing yet (anymore) because they've nurtured a culture of being lazy and not pricing your shit for a year, it's NORMAL to not price your stuff, good luck changing that.

If you are still reading, you are probably thinking one of two things: If you hate this game so much why are you still here? Great question, been asking myself the same thing for a while now. I'm a stubborn SOB is probably the best answer, but also because I can see the potential of this game on Xbox and it kills me my favorite game (maybe of all time) spends equal time pissing me off as making me happy. Right about the time I need that less than common unique or hit red maps, time to start pulling my hair out. Yeah some do it, they should write a guide arleady cause I'm at my wits end.

Second thing you might be thinking, this isn't everything, there is more they are waiting to reveal. I'll give you that, but name me a single time their hype train waited to reveal an Xbox improvement rather than just dumping some cryptic shit in the announcement page before running out of this sub forum like a red map boss just spawned and you are 5% from a new level.

I'll be watching from afar GGG, turn this thing around or stop pretending the platforms are on equal footing and re-balance the game for Xbox.
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2018, 5:14:10 AM
Haha the miserable from dying to darkness thanks to dsync :D..

Something has changed with you and i like it, you are using more neutral arguments, that way i can actually read your post without thinking, god this guy is stupid.

You are basicly saying that you both hate and loves the game, just like me.
You should not wait out the frustration, instead you should play another game for a while.
I myself have prepared a wow character for the upcoming expansion and i have enjoyed it.

my game time should look something like this:

wow
cs source
wow
cs source
diablo 3
wow
diablo 3
path of exile
cs go
battlefield 3
dota 2
heartstone
path of exile
diablo 3
path of exile
heartstone
path of exile
heartstone
diablo 3
path of exile
heartstone
path of exile
wow

Its obviously not 100% accurate, but most important dont choose side but enjoy their competition to give you a better experience.
Ok. Title: So read the announcement and watched the trailer.

And after that you are going 1 part that actually is about the new upcoming League called Delve, which all we know about is what we see on the trailer.
And the rest of the 3 parts of the total 4 you are writing about is as far from the title as it goes.

It´s actually about improvements on the Xbox side. Which again almost everyone have mentioned in some way and it is improving, but very slowly. We all already know that, there are actually tons of threads about this issue(s) already. It is nothing new. And still, it will go slow.

And for the upcoming League called Dwell, it actually seems a bit interesting, and I may even try out a new Character in from the very beginning of the League. I never did Incursion. Actually began 1 week ago.
But I see out from your post you already have made up your mind about the Dwell, which was announced mere hours ago. And that 21 days before it has even started.
"
Kundarin wrote:
Ok. Title: So read the announcement and watched the trailer.

And after that you are going 1 part that actually is about the new upcoming League called Delve, which all we know about is what we see on the trailer.
And the rest of the 3 parts of the total 4 you are writing about is as far from the title as it goes.

It´s actually about improvements on the Xbox side. Which again almost everyone have mentioned in some way and it is improving, but very slowly. We all already know that, there are actually tons of threads about this issue(s) already. It is nothing new. And still, it will go slow.

And for the upcoming League called Dwell, it actually seems a bit interesting, and I may even try out a new Character in from the very beginning of the League. I never did Incursion. Actually began 1 week ago.
But I see out from your post you already have made up your mind about the Dwell, which was announced mere hours ago. And that 21 days before it has even started.

You saying I click baited you? Interesting takeaway.

The expansion is lipstick on a pig. I don't need to kiss it to know it's still a pig. The underlying game, a year later, is still missing large, important chunks compared to it's PC brother, but balanced around the PC version. The Xbox devs I'm sure work themselves to death, but most of GGG (at least the customer facing parts) don't appear interested in Xbox as a platform.
"
Jauron wrote:

The expansion is lipstick on a pig. I don't need to kiss it to know it's still a pig.

Amusing imagery. But are we talking your garden variety old school pig raised on dirt, your modern factory farm pig all pink and fragile, or Ms Piggy? Kissing each has its risks ...

But the point raised about key binding is of great interest to Xbox players. Next league would be an excellent time to introduce the ability to turn skills on and off from within the skills menu (or some place else equally accessible).

I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Finally more people are expressing their frustration with everything, I've been doing it for a while, but my voice alone isn't enough. Not even 5 people. I mean, if the lot of us Xbox players complain, maybe our voice will be loud enough. DOUBT IT.

Ya know what really speaks? Money. We don't make them enough money, so we might as well not exist.

And, for the record, I REALLY like this league so far. Buuut, I never play in league, only standard. Why? Because league is empty as fucking shit. In both player count and items available on the trade board. It might as well be SSF.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
I think that I might actually prefer a non-trade league - with enhanced drop rates of course. I played D2 on and off for years solo/off-line and there were all these marvellous things that I could only ever read about - I had no means to actually ever obtain them. Then when with the D3 auction house I was actually able to acquire full sets, and Lacuni's for example (the item that started my whole trading experience) - it was nice to have access to nice things finally. When Loot 2.0 was announced, I feared that it was going to be back to dark ages - once again being effectively excluded from access to the finer things in life. But my fears proved unfounded and stuff actually dropped in 2.0. Which gets us back to my original thought: I actually prefer finding stuff myself - but the key is actually having a realistic chance of doing the "finding" bit. So the drop rates might be a little generous in D3 (or perhaps too generous at the rarer end of things), but I think that the "no trade / better drop rates" is one of things that they have gotten right. Trade is tricky to get right (so that it remains helpful, but secondary to looting in my opinion). GGG seems to struggle with it.

Along those lines, I even think that high end unigues should only be more powerful versions of more readily available stuff. That is, they should be build enhancing, but not build enabling (not required). So one could always get a build going with low end stuff, but to make it really hum, you would need to put in the time (or get lucky).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info