Unbound Ailments

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jun 11, 2019, 8:30:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure what's up with this support as it is, and it could do with a bit of love. It seems to be targeted as a generalist ailment support, but in being a jack of all trades it's ended up being a master of none - even builds that deal exclusively in ailment damage rarely utilize it, and the ailment effectiveness goes completely unused.

If I'll be honest, I think the idea of it being a generalist ailment support, that works with whatever ailment you slap on it, is really cool - but it could do with a mechanical shift.

* Mana multiplier increased (130-140%?)

* Quality bonus stays the same

* Damaging Ailments inflicted by Supported Skills deal Damage (20-39)% faster

* Supported Skills inflict Non-Damaging Ailments as though dealing (100-176%) more Damage

(exact numbers subject to tuning)

This would be a lot more usable while leveling - you could slap it on Incinerate to get more ignite damage with consecutive ignites, Arc to shock a boss you wouldn't be able to otherwise, or Puncture to intensify the bleed it inflicts.

It'd also unlock new combinations for end-game ailment builds to invest into more than one ailment at once, particularly with ailment swapping uniques (Three Dragons/Stormfire Divine Ire would be amazing), and avoid invalidating Elementalist or Scion Elementalist (you get more base damage, but not the ability to inflict the ailments with a guaranteed minimum effect).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info