Orb of Storms proc rate bug

it seems orb of storms' proc rate is bugged with cast speed scaling, at least for my character... it seems to be getting much more returns than it ought to from it (and it's not accounted for in the tooltip's display of 'strikes every ____ seconds')

My character Brimstone_Shppy has roughly 100% increased cast speed on a 6 second duration Orb of Storms. The tooltip displays that it strikes every ~.5 seconds (i have a few cast speed buffs, so it fluctuates from .48 to .54 depending on what's up). Regardless, that should results in ~12 strikes over the duration if left alone (without using any lightning skills to force it to proc). Instead, I get 19 strikes.

Changing around my gear doesn't seem to change a thing, unless I adjust my cast speed. When changing to have around 19% increased cast speed, my tooltip says .84 seconds, and it should hit 7 or possibly 8 times, yet in reality it hits 9 times. Not as severely over expectation, but still wrong.

And finally at just 4% increased, with the tooltip saying .96 seconds, it hit 7 times in 6 seconds, pretty much as expected.

It feels like the modifiers to cast speed are being doubled.

And that kinda makes me think: in 3.3, the patch notes said:

"Increases to cast speed now affect Orb of Storm's strike rate."

The thing is, increases to cast speed affected Orb of Storm's strike rate BEFORE 3.3 too. I know, I tested. The gem and tooltip didn't mention it, but it did have an effect. Makes me wonder if you guys made it get affected a second time by cast speed with this 'change' not knowing that it already was working with cast speed.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 17, 2018, 8:36:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 8:33:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info