[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Alright a bit of an update from me.
Leveling going great once I understood I forgot to switch around gems :D

I was thinking, maybe you can add to your guide.. a nice support to the build while leveling.. HERALD OF PURITY, nice additional damage boost and you can support them with Melee Physical, Splash, Maim, Multistrike..

edit: After getting to ACTVI this build just sucks ass. ZERO damage on single target. Bosses are retarded hard. Ofc I don´t have any decent gear yet but just selffound stuff like with minion builds, trapper.. there is no contest, this is just udderly hard atm to do.. 3link double strike and 4link frost blades. Will try to switch double strike to 4link cause clearspeed is totally fine.. though all rares are just not killable, takes way too long to kill any rare on map. Blues die pretty quick.

edit2: Guess getting Physical Damage to weapons is very important? I finally found a 120% physical claw and a bit better other one too and DPS did a 2x.. bosses again doable but still kinda slow-medium kill time. Brine King murders me at 2% Lightning Resist but died only twice there.
Alright, so Physical damage rolls on weapons seems to be the most important thing and I guess upgrading those claws every 5 levels or so
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Sep 16, 2018, 12:10:55 AM
"
CLYN wrote:
Does fortitude (FORTIFY) on champion skill is permanent ? Sorry havent tried any duelist char yet. was about to try this one
Yes, you will have fortify at all times if you take that ascendancy node. It's the last node though so you probably won't have it until uber lab.

"
Do you think CoH enfeeble or temp chains Haemos could be better than CWDT? It would free up a socket and it seems getting the crit chance corruption is both expensive and only 5% damage. (Damn it we need the temple back ASAP :P)
Actually my goal was to get double corrupted haemos with base crit and enfeeble on hit as with high evasion it's not the best on a CWDT. Sadly I never managed to find one, but I think it's a reasonable alternative to the crit. I like crit consistency a lot for smoother clearing and better freezes, but that's a lot of personal choice.

"
ShuToyzi wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently playing this build.

I took a belly (5L for the moment), is it a good option ?
The exemple of rare armor in the build is rly expensive for me.

Is a belly 6L will be a good alternative ?
Belly is a decent chest, but I mention in the gearing section that the best non-rare is almost certainly Loreweave. The max res really helps where our evasion doesn't, and it also has a good chunk of damage on it. Also makes us immune to minus max res map mod...which is kind of busted honestly.

"
HDTanel wrote:
Alright a bit of an update from me.
Leveling going great once I understood I forgot to switch around gems :D

I was thinking, maybe you can add to your guide.. a nice support to the build while leveling.. HERALD OF PURITY, nice additional damage boost and you can support them with Melee Physical, Splash, Maim, Multistrike..

edit: After getting to ACTVI this build just sucks ass. ZERO damage on single target. Bosses are retarded hard. Ofc I don´t have any decent gear yet but just selffound stuff like with minion builds, trapper.. there is no contest, this is just udderly hard atm to do.. 3link double strike and 4link frost blades. Will try to switch double strike to 4link cause clearspeed is totally fine.. though all rares are just not killable, takes way too long to kill any rare on map. Blues die pretty quick.

edit2: Guess getting Physical Damage to weapons is very important? I finally found a 120% physical claw and a bit better other one too and DPS did a 2x.. bosses again doable but still kinda slow-medium kill time. Brine King murders me at 2% Lightning Resist but died only twice there.
Alright, so Physical damage rolls on weapons seems to be the most important thing and I guess upgrading those claws every 5 levels or so
Yeah it might be worthwhile to add to the leveling section. Speaking of which, I see your problem with damage. Remember that we need to bleed the target to get the stupidly amazing bonus double strike damage. Before you have haemophilias you should probably just run the Chance to Bleed gem in your double strike setup. It's decent early because it adds flat physical damage which you will be lacking in leveling gear, and by the time it sucks you should be able to buy haemophilia gloves and swap it for a different gem. This should completely fix your damage problem.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Ahh Bleed Support, thanks I will try next run!
Im now at ACT IX and after I found a new claw with 125% Physical dam (Around ACT VII beginning) plus other stats I´ve been facerolling everything with exception of bosses which still take a bit long time to kill but atleast rares die farely quick now and bosses aswell. Did not know the bleed mechanic importance, will try it out still as I have 2 full acts to go still. Just wanna get to 62 to buy the bloodseeker and do 55 and 65 lab in one go.

Edit: Alright almost ACT X now.. I must say even now without any required gear, just random rares I found (always testing new builds from ground up if might be viable for league start) and the damage is very VERY nice.. it is almost more then my ELE HIT build hahah that is at lvl70 wtf.

Enjoying it a lot now, can´t wait to put all the right gear on, craft elder gear etc.
I might do a new run just to test out how it will be if I craft new phys damage weapons\claws early on with recipe every 5levels. Was a struggle until ACT VI as I said but then as soon as I got my weapons switched out it got a TON better, plus more sockets for gems. I think I was just Double Strike until like Act IV without any supports for it lol. Then 3link until Act VI.

Oh, forgot, only thing that BOTHERS me is that I run out of mana fairly quickly.. whirling depletes it very fast.. maybe bloodmagic it? Also Frostblades a few times into thin air is mana killer

And another thing is the Whirling Blades itself.. why cannot it move over obstacles :( makes no sense.. ugh.. having to go all the way around objects is pretty sad at times
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Sep 16, 2018, 3:56:01 AM
i'm doing this build in delve league.

i can facetank and esay kill shaper.

i think my gear is pretty good. but, i can't kill uber elder.
( i know my control is bad :( )

is that any knowhow to easy kill uber elder ?

( sorry for my bad english )
"
HDTanel wrote:
Ahh Bleed Support, thanks I will try next run!
Im now at ACT IX and after I found a new claw with 125% Physical dam (Around ACT VII beginning) plus other stats I´ve been facerolling everything with exception of bosses which still take a bit long time to kill but atleast rares die farely quick now and bosses aswell. Did not know the bleed mechanic importance, will try it out still as I have 2 full acts to go still. Just wanna get to 62 to buy the bloodseeker and do 55 and 65 lab in one go.

Edit: Alright almost ACT X now.. I must say even now without any required gear, just random rares I found (always testing new builds from ground up if might be viable for league start) and the damage is very VERY nice.. it is almost more then my ELE HIT build hahah that is at lvl70 wtf.

Enjoying it a lot now, can´t wait to put all the right gear on, craft elder gear etc.
I might do a new run just to test out how it will be if I craft new phys damage weapons\claws early on with recipe every 5levels. Was a struggle until ACT VI as I said but then as soon as I got my weapons switched out it got a TON better, plus more sockets for gems. I think I was just Double Strike until like Act IV without any supports for it lol. Then 3link until Act VI.

Oh, forgot, only thing that BOTHERS me is that I run out of mana fairly quickly.. whirling depletes it very fast.. maybe bloodmagic it? Also Frostblades a few times into thin air is mana killer

And another thing is the Whirling Blades itself.. why cannot it move over obstacles :( makes no sense.. ugh.. having to go all the way around objects is pretty sad at times
Well if you're playing the original blood magic version I would have just taken blood magic before going to marauder start. If you're doing the purities version or you just want to get more damage first, then yes definitely link whirling blades to blood magic. Whiffing your main attack and running out of mana is always something to be careful for unless you take the blood magic keystone. I do like whirling blades now that it doesn't namelock anymore, but yeah leap slam is nice.

"
KFjhs wrote:
i'm doing this build in delve league.

i can facetank and esay kill shaper.

i think my gear is pretty good. but, i can't kill uber elder.
( i know my control is bad :( )

is that any knowhow to easy kill uber elder ?

( sorry for my bad english )
Well your gear is pretty good, you could have some more base crit, life on jewelry, damage on jewels, power charge generation, but it should be plenty good enough for uber elder, considering you have kaom's roots even. Honestly I just think the fight is difficult and you need to practice. There's a lot happening at once and you have to keep track of it. If you want to play safe, remember to always keep moving. I know it's tempting to pop your flasks and get all your damage in while they're up, but if you're dying a lot just play it safer. Every time you die, stop for a second and try to understand what killed you and why, and try to avoid that situation the next time. Also, don't get tilted even though it's expensive to run it and it can be frustrating to die, just treat each death like a learning experience until you get it down. I died a LOT while learning that fight, and the last time I did him I still died like twice.

On a side note, I see you have ancestral call and melee splash socketed, but you have lion's roar and no diamond flask equipped? The knockback is pretty annoying for clearing, and a diamond flask is one of the most damaging flasks you can use with no downside and has an extra suffix for curse immunity. Just making sure those aren't causing you problems. Good luck!
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Hi, do you have any priority list on unique/gg rare upgrades ?
Love the build... Just reached first time 90 level ant it was actually easy.... it's really hard to die with this build :D Having a blast. Killed my first elder at 7 tier.. died only vs lighting guardian... Always face tanked everything :D Just very fun build. Now i have like 5 exalts.. can you check my build ant give some tips what to upgrade first? I do have only 5 link chest.. and i need 6 link but i do feel i can go without it for some time, my damage is still pretty good. Maybe to save up for really good chest? And what about the passive tree? I tried some other versions, other skills gems.. Any recommendations would be very nice :)
I finished all 10 ACTS now with random selffound rares. After upgrading my claws at ACT VI beginning with one being +120% phys dam I had no more issues, the further I leveled up the better it went.
Real deaths only came from VERY low resists, lightning was 4% when I started Kitava fight xD But even then frost blades did an amazing job clearing and after upgrading weapons the DPS of Double Strike went up tremendously aswell so no more single target issues. I guess if you level always try to craft phys damage weapons every 5-10 levels if you feel damage is low for single target etc.

First MAP I did also with same gear, BEACH (my staple build test map) and clearspeed was GREAT, boss was pretty hard, died once cause negative resists lol and it took 30sec or so to kill him by constantly punching.

Anyway, as a league starter, should be fine but gonna try and buy the required uniques now and see what happens now, plus upgrading all my gear finally :)

So all in all I think this could be a pretty amazing league starter. Speed was actually even better then trapper cause whirling blades has no cooldown or stacks like flame dash has.. and mob packs died almost instantly even with that shitty ass gear I have :D

edit: ONE QUESTION, why does my Double Strike DPS almost double when I switch my Claws... Main hand and Off hand have differences?
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Sep 16, 2018, 12:31:15 PM
hi,im at level 73 now,but my attack speed is just 5.8/s ,HOW can i increase it up to 8-9/S,skill tree same with u
I think i'm addictive to Perseverance belt, i just cannot stop using it. Need help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info