Lagspikes of 100 to 200ms - EU

Hello Tech Support Member(s) :)

WinMTR Results for Frankfurt while standing in Hideout: https://pastebin.com/raw/QN9uY9T8
And as a raw here:
Spoiler

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| fritz.box - 1 | 557 | 556 | 3 | 26 | 98 | 23 |
| 62.155.240.8 - 1 | 557 | 556 | 21 | 27 | 95 | 33 |
| 217.239.50.114 - 1 | 557 | 556 | 24 | 37 | 105 | 37 |
| lag-10.edge4.Berlin1.Level3.net - 1 | 557 | 556 | 23 | 33 | 99 | 28 |
| No response from host - 100 | 112 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 195.122.180.62 - 1 | 557 | 556 | 34 | 44 | 117 | 37 |
| 20.10.35a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 1 | 557 | 556 | 36 | 46 | 113 | 42 |
| 7.10.35a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 1 | 553 | 551 | 34 | 45 | 112 | 35 |
| 89.76.b19e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 1 | 557 | 556 | 35 | 45 | 113 | 36 |
| c1.76.b19e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 1 | 545 | 541 | 34 | 44 | 100 | 37 |
| c4.52.7a9f.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 1 | 549 | 546 | 35 | 44 | 111 | 36 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

E: Updated results from the third of September 18:
Spoiler
this time while mapping (last time was in Hideout only):
https://pastebin.com/5ZT4G7j7
https://pastebin.com/raw/5ZT4G7j7
Or as an Image her:
Spoiler

Ever since I started playing again in Bestiary I experience frequent Lagspikes. Sometimes they persist for hours on end, sometimes only for like an hour.
Different EU Realms (Amsterdam/London/Paris/Milan/Frankfurt) don't make a difference for me, but I mostly play on Frankfurt.
I don't experience this in any other game, and it occurs regardless of the "load" on my connection which I monitor with Netlimiter.

I use a Powerline Ethernet Adapter, drivers are up2date, haven't and can't try different PC Setups but I tried different cables AND adapters to no avail.

This is what it looks like in game:

Hope you guys can give me a hint on what's going wrong for me :) At it's worst, it makes playing impossible and even at it's best, it is very stuttery.

Regardless, best wishes and have a nice day
Guffinn
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 2, 2018, 6:24:12 PM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2018, 6:22:11 PM
1% packet loss from the router and a ball hair under 100ms spikes from the router adding another 20ms for distance, also an average ping of over 20ms when it should be 0-5 (and still above what i would consider OK for a wireless connection)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
1% packet loss from the router and a ball hair under 100ms spikes from the router adding another 20ms for distance, also an average ping of over 20ms when it should be 0-5 (and still above what i would consider OK for a wireless connection)

No idea what that means exactly, but thanks for taking your time looking over this :D
Could we please FINALLY get an official Response on this? I see more and more reports about these Problems for EU Servers on both Reddit and here.

It makes it fucking IMPOSSIBLE to play decently most of the time. Freezing up for 10 seconds and then porting around for 10 after at lightning speed and boom you are dead. Constant Lag Spikes, constant Porting.

Just a nice and short canned response a la "we are aware of this and are looking into it" would be appreciated, as that at least tells us we are heard.

And if it's not on your End, tell us what we can do to fix it for us. Even if it only affects like 10% of EU players, we still should be able to get some kind of reply.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 19, 2018, 6:52:33 PM
It looks like this one is on your end, as you're dropping 1/100 packets between you and your home router. Are you connected via ethernet, or are you on wifi?
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
It looks like this one is on your end, as you're dropping 1/100 packets between you and your home router. Are you connected via ethernet, or are you on wifi?

Thanks for the reply, very cool to have a starting point :)

I use a powerline adapter like this:
Spoiler

One is connected via an ethernet cable to my router in another room, and one is connected to my pc in the same way.

How come I don't have these problems in any other game when it's on my end? I know very little of these things :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 19, 2018, 7:50:00 PM
Most other games don't use a lockstep networking mode (which performs badly with packet loss), but something more like predictive. If you swap to predictive, it might run a little better.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Most other games don't use a lockstep networking mode (which performs badly with packet loss), but something more like predictive. If you swap to predictive, it might run a little better.

Tried Predictive once for a few maps, it just led to hits registering a few seconds after I've performed them. Equally obnoxious sadly, but I will give it another shot. Maybe it's actually a bit safer in the grand scheme. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Also, I can see these lagspikes on my Ping Curve thing even on Predictive, but the curve in WoW for example doesn't show that ):

So I guess in the end it's something to do with the way my Home Network is set up, or my Adapters/Cables being bad? Gonna try looking into that.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 19, 2018, 9:17:29 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:

How come I don't have these problems in any other game when it's on my end? I know very little of these things :P

That is something we will never truly know.
Last edited by KatKira on Jul 22, 2018, 2:52:09 PM
Hi OP.

If you look at your WinMTR data, it show a 1% packet loss on all your connection even your "local" connection and this is bad. It also shows an almost 100ms latency on your local connections.
So you have to fix your internal network first and I am sorry to say, but it's properly your powerline that's the problem. A quick way to test this is to take a laptop and connect it to your ISP router diretcly via cable and start WinMTR on this and post the results from that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info