One click Indigon and Poet's Pen build with fast life/es/mana gain

Hi, here is an effective and easy to play build that I have built again for the Incursion League.

Pros:
- Hold mouse button to clear maps. This will work with most computer setups and connections.
- High survivability. Easy 9K effective life with none of the pesky leech rate limitations.
- High damage output. Spell damage ramps up by attacking more.
- Potential for MF gearing. The Indigon unique helmet, at least one Poet's Pen wand, an insanity essence amulet and certain 6 jewel slots are mostly mandatory.

Cons:
- Slower map clears than with a fast running bow / wand character. Can get stuck on map obstacles.
- Jumpy playstyle, a bit like Flicker Strike. Your eyestrain can however be eased by using a high quality Lightning Warp instead of Bodyswap.
- Mob count remaining at maps will only update when you release button.

This build leverages the unique Indigon helmet spell damage on mana spent recently ability to ramp spell damage from spells socketed in your Poet's Pen wand. Mana is regained by attacking. More attacks equals more mana recovered - thus more spell damage. Running out of mana is not a problem as even basic attack gets you a chance or regaining mana. This basic idea is not mine. I don't know who figured this out first. I appreciate the concept and give you full credit, whoever you might be.

There are three sources of instant mana that I'm using: 1) Trickster ascendancy 2) Insanity amulet 3) A Watcher's Eye. Each one gives a separate percentage chance to recovering 10% mana when you use a skill.

My idea was to exploit the already fast attack speed by implementing a life gain on hit (with chain and extra projectiles) aspect on it. The skilltree reaches for life and attack speed. In the last league I managed to buy an ES gain on hit Watcher's Eye to augment the basic gem setup. That build felt really solid and could solo all content besides Uber Elder and Uber Atziri with what I consider mediocre gear (5L Belly of the Beast etc.). The end result with a 6L setup is the same, so its more of a convenience as damage ramps up faster.

In Incursion league I'm building an MF character with the same idea with a slightly nicer Watcher's Eye (ES + a life gain on hit stat). I'll run this for harder/higher content that a squishy, fast elemental hit archer struggles with (ie. not Burial Chambers/yellow maps). This character waddles around in Greed's Embrace and negative moment speed - you'll need a quicksilver flask just to loot stuff and open doors... On the upside you warp around with bodyswap without actually walking while clearing the map which is decently fast. Keeping Divination Distillate active feels okay so far.

Skill gem links:
Poet's pen 1: Unearth, GMP, bodyswap
Poet's pen 2: Volatile Dead, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus
Main skill: Barrage, GMP, Chain, Life Gain on Hit, Curse on Hit, Warlord's mark
Other, separate links: Blood Rage, Cast when damage + Immortal Call, Discipline/Vitality/Clarity, Lightning Golem.

The fast attack speed (4.59 attack per second) with chain keeps your life topped up. You can also use Frenzy skill instead of Barrage for more projectile spread with GMP if you're lazy and dont want to actually aim at mobs. This leads to a slightly worse life on hit rate on bosses.

Drop curse setup in favour of Faster Attacks support if you have a ring with Warlord's mark on hit. That leaves you a 6th link for Blind/Knockback or some other gem (Item Rarity for my setup before a second Ventor's Gamble maybe) if you have the slot for it.

Boss killing would be slightly faster with Volatile Dead by swapping in Fire Penetration and Concentrated Effect supports, so consider those when doing Guardians/Shaper.

The same setup will work with Arc, Ball Lightning or basically any spells that you prefer. Volatile Dead homing ability just feels nice for me with my current less than optimal pc and net connection.

Current build (Path of building link https://pastebin.com/qhtFKyyV).
Planned endgame version with Greed's Embrace, dual Ventor's and Goldwyrm (https://pastebin.com/MjCKCeKc).

Feel free to leave questions and suggestions. Have fun here,
- Furry
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2018, 4:41:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info