[3.3]🔥Guardian LF RF ⬛ 19k ES🔥(video guide)[3.3]

"
ray040613 wrote:

Now that Vaal RF grants duration tag to the regular RF

It doesn't.
Last edited by CloakedJester on Jul 11, 2018, 7:03:29 AM

Update, sorry, Bated Breath Recharge != Recovery. Can't read!
Last edited by merdock271 on Jul 17, 2018, 2:35:35 AM
Really enjoying the build so far. The only problem I having is that around level 75, as I'm leveling toward moving into the final endgame gear, I'm getting stun locked a lot without the Presence of Chayula. I tried using the cheaper Eye of Chayula as a stop gap, but I don't have enough regen yet to sustain RF without the Shaper's Seed amulet equipped. Any suggestions? It's definitely doable, but it's getting dangerous in T7+ maps. Damage is great on a five link Shavs and I'm on about 7k ES.

Thanks for any advice!
Last edited by CaptainCortez on Jul 17, 2018, 3:45:51 PM
The PoB lists the positive net regen at 640. I understand that every few seconds we get a massive boost through Time of Need, but does that regen ever cause problems? I mean, despite a massive ES pool, unless you kill things very quickly, they will cause a lot of damage. Is this a problem for anyone?
"
MrChubms wrote:
The PoB lists the positive net regen at 640. I understand that every few seconds we get a massive boost through Time of Need, but does that regen ever cause problems? I mean, despite a massive ES pool, unless you kill things very quickly, they will cause a lot of damage. Is this a problem for anyone?

I'm only at level 82 so far on this build, but I had some similar concerns to yours. If you are following the guide closely (which I’d recommend, tbh, because there a lot of mechanics at play that make improvising relatively difficult), you will reach a point where you switch over from the gear set with Rise of the Phoenix, Dark Seer, and Rare gloves and helmet, to the endgame gear set, with Memory Vault, Shaper's Touch, and Prism Guardian, as is laid out in the last two PoB pastebins in the leveling section. You will reach a comfortable amount of shield regen at this point, at maybe +350, but part of that is helped along by the Shaper's Seed (+2%), which is the suggested leveling amulet. The problem here is that you start to reach a point around yellow maps where your LL status means you are constantly getting stunned, since your actual life is <150. Once you hit level 80 or so you are able to drop the SS amulet for the stun protection of an Eye or Presence of Chayula, which alleviates the stunning problem, but drops your regen back to just about even.

I quickly realized that the stuns were really the uncomfortable part of the build, and having just +100 or so regen wasn't an issue. The huge bumps of regen you get from Time of Need, the massive amount of armour you get from the Memory Vault helm + Radiant Faith node combo (I'm at 86% tooltip phys reduction, in-game, without trying at all), and the 80%+ all resistances you get from running all three Purities makes you tankier than you realize. So, that +600 regen you're seeing will go farther than you think. I'm currently at +139 net life regen in PoB at level 82 and I'm having no problem in tier 10-12 maps with 8.5k ES, only occasionally using a Ruby Flask and Sorrow of the Divine for help in sustaining my ES.

So, tl;dr, from my experience so far, even without the massive extra ES pool provided by the Watcher's Eye and Presence of Chayula, you shouldn't worry, because the character is just tanky af. I haven't even mentioned the Unwavering Faith node or Fortify (frankly, I just realized I haven’t even thought about running Uberlab for that last defensive ascendency node, yet). Would be a tricky build to try in HC with no LL experience, but it's been a lot for fun for me in ISC, and the budget isn't even that crazy other than the WE Jewel (~6ex) and PoC amulet (~3ex), which are definitely optional up until the very endgame.

This is only my experience so far, but I hope this helps.
Last edited by CaptainCortez on Jul 19, 2018, 3:51:41 AM
Hi, i'm trying this build and so far so good.
Been having a problem transitioning from totem to Selfcast RF.
It would be good if you could post a lvl 70, 75 and 80 trees or something, to smooth the transition.

Thanks for the guide, btw.
What would you say this build has over https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816656 ? Disregarding the fact that the gear he shows is legacy items. More in the sense of passive tree, gear, gems, jewels, etc?
i am trying to change out of a prism guardian but seems like without the 25% reduced mana, i am not able to reserve 2 x 35% auras in health.

following the PASTEBIN fully optimized, i am not able to achieve the health reservation even after including the 4% reduced mana reserved from the corrupted healthy minds

the aura calculator https://poe.mikelat.com/#k1R37ESNb/VEOr.iVd

am i doing something wrong here?
Last edited by Krueladin on Jul 22, 2018, 9:37:10 PM
"
Krueladin wrote:
i am trying to change out of a prism guardian but seems like without the 25% reduced mana, i am not able to reserve 2 x 35% auras in health.

following the PASTEBIN fully optimized, i am not able to achieve the health reservation even after including the 4% reduced mana reserved from the corrupted healthy minds

the aura calculator https://poe.mikelat.com/#k1R37ESNb/VEOr.iVd

am i doing something wrong here?

nvm. +1 to socketed gems on glove pushes blood magic to 22 and enlighten to 5.
If you pick Zealot's Oath in skilltree - Do you still gain anything from using The Sorrow of the Divine instead of a normal sulphur flask?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info