SMASH EVERYTHING! 3.3 Incursion DW Crit EQ Jugg ALL Content Viable (Uber Elder Down)!

Hello guys, RCMatthews here, and i'm a newer player to POE, I started playing the game last league and fell in love with this amazing game since then (I like playing ARPG and I used to play a lot of D3). and today I want to write a guide about the most iconic build in POE history, YES, The EQ JUGG, and I know a lot of people played this build as a league starter with two handed weapon and RT, but my build is not the same case, this is how the build works.

The basic mechanic of the build.
Spoiler
1)Your damage scales off directly from the base damage aka. your weapon damage, so having a high PDPS weapon is always the number one priority if you want to boost your damage.

2) The reason we go DW here is that as I mentioned before, this build is not for league start scenario, so if you want to maximize your dps the DW is the only way out, the detailed weapon setup I will talk later in the gears selection section.

3) How earthquake works is that after the initial hit, a strong aftershock will happen and the aftershock deals way more damage than the initial hit, since 3.3 buffed EQ (lesser delay time of the aftershock from 1.5 sec to 1 sec), the attack speed is not really useless as it was. On top of that, how to shorten the aftershock delay and make it occur more often is really essential to the build, and I will talk about it later in the gears section as well.

PROS
Spoiler
. Satisfying playstyle, Smash everything!!
. Pretty Tanky, can be over 7k health, and immune to physical damage while mapping, thanks to JUGG ascendency
. Good single target Boss dps and map clear speed!
. Great uber lab farmer (need to manually cast IC tho)

CONS
Spoiler
. Not really cheap to start with, need some centerpieces to make the build work the best
. Need awareness plays while killing the end game bosses (Shaper, Uber elder etc.)
. Not the greatest single target damage but decent anyways (not like double strike with the bois)
. Phys/Ele reflection is a no go, can't do no life/mana leech either.

Skill Tree, Ascendency order and the bandit choice

Leveling tips and skills to use

Spoiler
Early gears and skill choices:
Tabula Rasa, the Ultimate leveling tool

Good boots for leveling, can't be frozen and movement speed is quiet handy while leveling

It has all the res you needed!

Nice ring for leveling, it has a little bit of everything and can be equipped on lvl 1!

High dps weapon on low level is always good.

While your level is a bit higher, around 20 let's say:

Use both weapons can give you tons of attack speed and damage, you can even use tempestuous steel as a late game stats stick if you're on budget!

Belt of the deceiver, awesome belt for melee character overall, life, res, nearby enemies are intimidated means you do 10% more damage!

Overall, the leveling process is not really hard after you leveled couple of characters, you have plenty items to choose from, not just what I mentioned, stats priority I would say res cap and then life, you don't have to worry about damage that much while leveling.

Skills recommendation while leveling

Sunder with 4 links: melee phys - damage on full life - maim and ruthless/multistrike
Leap slam for faster movement and jump over walls and stuff: linked with faster attack(needs higher level and a bit of dex requirement)/fortify
Stone golem for some life regen and taunt!
Flat physical mitigation: cast when damage taken(lvl 3) - immortal call(lvl 5) - increase duration

you can use earthquake on level 28, but you can leveling with sunder until you hit level 70, sunder is an awesome skill for leveling, if you want to smash things earlier and switch to earthquake, here is a recommended setup for earthquake:

Earthquake - melee phys - less duration - maim - increased area effect/increased critical strike

My gears and end game gear recommendations
Spoiler
Helmet

Considered as the most important piece of the entire build, since we are jugg, we're basically immune to physical damage due to 7 endurance charges and 4 -5 seconds immortal call, we can basically ignore the drawback from this helmet, so the abyssus is a must for the build, crazy 40 to 60 flat physical damage, up to 125% crit multi, all attributes can fulfill the int requirement for blue gems since we don't have much int nodes on the tree, this helmet alone, provides 34.2% of my damage according to path of building, without this helmet, your damage is hard to achieve an end game level unless you have some crazy weapon with 600+ PDPS. The 30% reduced earthquake duration is the best helm enchant, try to get one as soon as possible, it can provide tons of QoL and damage, and it's a pretty cheap enchant compared to the others, it costs around 2ex!

Of course if you want to go safe you can always use a starkonja's head, but the damage is not going to be as good as using abyssus.

Chest piece

Paired with abyssus, I would say belly is the best chest piece we can find in the game, it provides up to 40% increased life and 15% all res, the main goal of having abyssus is that you don't get one-shotted from the initial hit, which means the higher the ehp you have, the safer. Belly does just that, but for the most damage output choice, you can use loreweave instead.

Boots

Kaom's Roots is the BIS for our character, stun immune, chill/freeze immune, knockback immune, tons of life, you will find it extremely ridicules during the uber elder encounter, it can carry you during the entire fight, it also provides tons of safety while mapping. for the enchantment, I didn't go for any boots enchants, if you want to, the attack/cast speed if you've killed, life/mana regen when hit, increased critical chance are all really good. what I'm using is a corrupted one, the +1 endurance charge is the best corruption for the boots.

Weapons

This is what I'm currently using right now, this axe is actually pretty damn good (with 405 PDPS!) and it only costs me like 6ex to buy, trust me, a foil with the same PDPS would cost over 40ex since axe is kind of off meta atm, you can also go with one handed mace if you want ! For the budget version, you can always use a nice rolled soul taker, it has decent dps and your attack doesn't cost any mana is really good if you are in an early stage of the end game (use all 3 auras without an enlighten gem and link your warchief totem with blood magic).

Since we are dual welding, the off hand is going to be a stats stick, how earthquake works is that your attacks scale off from only your main hand, so you can use any type of stats stick as you want. As for the weapon type selection, I went with foil because the nice crit multi implicit, you can also use a scepter! For the specific stats, double/triple extra phys gain as elemental damage is the optimum stat we're looking for. For the budge version, as I said, you can use a tempestuous steel, it's basically a 30 extra gain off hand!

Jewelry

For both rings, aiming for t1 life - big resistances - flat physical damage - accuracy, since we're using some uniques, the rings are big source of our resistance!

For the neck, T1 life - Crit multi - flat physical - shaper/elder extra gain mods(they are pretty expensive tho) - stats you might need (int, dex, res etc .)

Gloves

I'm using a tombfist atm, the 2 abyss jewels are op with intimate enemy on hit is just great! you can also use a rare gloves if you're lacking some resistances.

Belt

As for belt, I went with a stygian vise with a high life roll, resistance and flask charge gain, and I crafted elemental damage with attack on it. For the budget version, belt of the deceiver is a really nice choice for this slot, and you can also use a rare rustic sash.

Jewels

For the normal ones, looking for maximum life, crit multi, resistances and stats you might need.

Abyss jewels, looking for maximum life, flat physical damage and nice utility procs (extra fire gain, attack speed if you've crit recently, increased damage if you've killed recently are all really good! )

I'm using a watcher's eye jewel with + base crit chance while affected by hatred mod, it is a really powerful mod for crit build, it can bring your crit chance by 10% if it rolls good, but it cast around 5ex right now, so get one if you have some extra money!

Skills setup

Spoiler

6 linked earthquake

Earthquake - Melee phys - less duration - maim - increased critical strike - increased area(mapping)/ concentration effect(for bosses)

The order of importance are shown above if you don't have a 6 linked chest piece, you can also use ruthless to replace maim but personally I don't really like it because we don't get much out of attack speed (and ruthless is best when paired with multistrike and we don't use it)

Auras set up

Arctic armor - Hatred - Herald of ash - enlighten 4.

Hatred for big damage boost, freeze and shatter enemies, and for the watcher's eye proc, it is the most important aura we reserve! Herald of ash for mapping and damage, arctic armor for a bit of tankiness. you can use an enlighten 3 if you're on budget but the build is not going to be smooth as using an enlighten 4, but it is definitely viable!

Immortal call setup

Cast when damage taken (lvl 7) - immortal call (lvl 9) - increased duration

Nothing else to say here, remember to scale the damage proc amount from the cast when damage take to around one sixth of you total health.

Leap slam setup

Leap slam - fortify - blood magic - faster attack (from weapon)

Utility set up

Warchief totem for bosses, blood rage for mapping, remember to active it each time after the loading screen! since we're proc IM all the time, we can basically ignore the degen drawback from bloodrage.

Flasks

Spoiler

Lion's roar + basalt + taste of hate for big physical mitigation and damage

Diamond flask with warding is a good pairing!

Life flask with seething or bubbling, and bleeding removal is a must for our build since we're using abyssus, bleeding could be really dangerous if we don't have immortal call up.

Tips and tricks about vaal earthquake

Spoiler
I know some people are familiar with how vaal earthquake works but I feel I need to explain it a little bit for those who don't know, first thing first, you have to move your character around while vaal earthquake is active, otherwise the vaal earthquake won't proc at all if you are stationary, on top of that, try to do those hit and run moves, it will significantly make your burst damage much stronger, for t15 bosses, with my current gears, it will take about 2-4 seconds to take them down depending on the map mods.

Videos are coming up soon!

Conclusion:

The main reason I want to write this guide is to prove that the iconic build of the POE history is not just a memoir or a meme that can't do end game bosses, It can actually kill uber elder! However, if you're looking for a build that can kill bosses within one sec or clearing an entire map within one minute, this build is probably not for you, but if you want to play an old school earthquake jugg and do all contents in the game with ease, try this one, it won't let you down!!
Last edited by RCMatthews on Jul 6, 2018, 1:49:23 AM
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2018, 8:50:23 PM
Pump!
首先,看不懂

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info