Stat filter "Minions Regenerate #% Life per second" filtering out valid items

Searching "Femurs of the Saints" with the stat filter "Minions Regenerate 2.5% Life per second" (max roll), filters out some of the valid Femurs of the Saints. For example, I see 9 Femurs with max roll with the filter, and way more than 9 without the filter.

I assume it's a decimal rounding issue.
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2018, 1:07:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Those other entries have 2.45% Life per Second as far as the game is concerned, they're just displayed as 2.5% on the item.

It's kind of a toss-up if we should use the actual values or the item tooltip values... hmm.

Thanks for the report all the same!
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:
Those other entries have 2.45% Life per Second as far as the game is concerned, they're just displayed as 2.5% on the item.

It's kind of a toss-up if we should use the actual values or the item tooltip values... hmm.

Thanks for the report all the same!

Uhh how about making the tooltip display the actual value?
That kind of thing is out of scope in regards to the trade site.
Last edited by Novynn on Jun 27, 2018, 11:55:42 PM
"
Novynn wrote:
That kind of thing is out of scope in regards to the trade site.

Sorry, I understand that; did not mean to offend. Would it be possible to forward this issue to people responsible for the game mechanics/UI? Items displaying incorrect values of attributes is in my opinion something that should be fixed.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 28, 2018, 12:14:54 AM
Of course, no offence taken.

In this specific case, there will always be a need for rounding due to the variation in the values that can appear on these items (2.433333333333333 is a value that can appear for example, which shows up in the game tooltips as 2.4).

So they are by no means incorrect, just rounded to a reasonable amount of decimal places.

With this in mind, we should probably just follow the tooltips exactly for the trade site as that's what the player is exposed to. I will look into getting this fixed.
Last edited by Novynn on Jun 28, 2018, 12:33:29 AM
Right; I understand now. I assumed that the granularity of the modifier was 0.05%, or perhaps 0.01%. As far as I know, values of over-time modifiers are stored as amount per minute, which has to be an integer. And 20 life regenerated per minute is 1/3 of life per second, which is a repeating decimal. Hmm.

Maybe, and I know this would involve far more work, display the rounded value normally, but show the exact per-minute value with advanced mod descriptions on?

Is there even any possible way for someone to view the exact value of the modifier currently?

Either way, I agree with you - the website should go by whatever the player sees on the item.

Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 28, 2018, 1:08:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info