Has anyone noticed that sometimes the game doesnt seem to calculate your stats correctly?

Last night, my movement speed would suddenly get extremely slow even if I was in my hideout. It was like my boots stopped working. Walking from the waypoint to the NPC in my hideout was extremely slow. I re-equipped my boots and it instantly fixed the problem. This happened several times.

Tried playing today and I got one shotted 3 times even with flasks active (warding flask so no curses). The first two times, I thought "okay, maybe the bosses just got lucky crits". The third time, Sumter (T14 estuary boss) just one shot me from off-screen with some kind of explosion thing.

I know for a fact that he doesnt have the damage to one shot me. Even t15 guardians cant one shot me except for eradicator.

I re-equipped all my gear, went back in and got hit by the explosion thing again. It didnt even do 3k damage and was easily survivable.

It was like the game thought I didnt have capped resists till I re-equipped all my gear...

Has anyone noticed anything like this?

Edit : Haast just spawned again, same map, got hit by glacial cascade again...and it only did maybe 2k damage or less...the fact that i am taking "correct" damage only after re-equipping my gear indicates something was wrong the first time round...
Last edited by Question2 on Jun 24, 2018, 4:06:36 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 4:36:59 PM
OR the death was a huge crit that more or less ignored your armor (GC is 50% physical)
Well the only way to know would be to find the boss crit multipliers and calculate it but I dont think that information is up anywhere.

I thought the first two were lucky crits but sumster shouldnt be able to one shot me...its not exactly a high damage boss.
Restarted the game, went into a t13 map with no damage mods. Had half of my hp taken out by a few constructs in the map which I found quite strange but attributed to lucky crits.

Tried to do an incursion, there was a pack of constructs near the starting point. First thing I did was pop all my flasks (quartz and atziri's promise in particular). Instantly got one shot by the constructs before I could take a single step.

WTF...

Re-equipped all my gear, cleared the rest of the map, constructs were doing a fraction of the damage now and I could facetank everything.
"One-shot" is not the correct term when it takes multiple shots from different constructs to kill you.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
Stuff like this happens from time to time, I have no idea why.

I played old t15 abyss with a kaom's spin to win slayer with 7.5k hp. I had 6 end charges, basalt, fortify, immortal call, cwdt enfeeble etc. I kill a blue pack, one mob remains behind but I ignore him and move on. Suddenly, on an empty screen my hp drops to 3.5k out of NOWHERE. Later on I decided to face tank Kaom slam, and he did less damage than that unidentifiable something... What was that, why was that, I will never know.
Log on death would be nice.

"Svarzyca was slain by not so omnous mob by obviously normal hit that dealt 1 phys dmg and 3 cold dmg with no crits becayse player was stupid" kinda would be nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info