[3.3] AuraBot and the Boys! 10+ Auras, 10+ Heavy Hitting Minions

DISCLAIMER: This is not a speed clear build, this is not an all out support build, this is not an all out minion build. This is a mix of all the above that should allow you to solo up until red maps (easy so far at level 82) and possibly beyond (have yet to try Guardians/Shaper), and should allow you to duo/party up with whomever you desire for whatever content you desire.

This entire build is still a WORK IN PROGRESS, so please keep this in mind when critiquing.

Allrighty guys and gals, please bare with me as I have never been one to create my own builds and or share them in my 1100+ hours of playing since beta, but I think I found a pretty cool mix of play styles and figured I would share it.

First off, credit to @KTMetis for his Aura/Skeleton end game build in 3.0 that I enjoyed playing, as this build was a great mix of support/minion gameplay. I reached Guardians with that build pretty easily, and thoroughly enjoyed playing a dual purpose character.

INTRODUCTION

So, I have always been in the market for a "jack of all trades" sort of build for awhile now. The spectrum of builds is full of all out Support roles and all out DPS roles thanks to the min-max era of video gaming in which we live, so I wanted to bring something to the table that can play solo pretty well, or in a group VERY well, and I feel I have done that with this build.... rather well.....

This build attempts to fit in 10 supporting auras/curses (using life based method with reservation gear and jewels), 10 super nasty pissed off Zombies, 2 supportive Spectres, and a friendly Golem to give y'all that sweet sweet regen. Trying to fit so much into one build DOES spread the skill tree kind of thin, so you will have to pick and choose how far into the area of Support/Minion/Survival you would like to go on your own. This guide will take you down the path of Support/Minions more than it will Survival, so feel free to alter it where you see fit.

I am open to comments and suggestions throughout, but if your here to flame, please just go away.

POB LINKS AND STATS

https://pastebin.com/r1xVaDnV

Stats in POB

PROS/CONS
PROS
- 5 Offensive Auras for party members
- 5 Defensive Auras for yourself AND party members
- Interchangeable Attack Minions
*** Zombies, Skeletons, or SRS would all work
***** Over 1 MILLION Shaper DPS via Zombie Slam, which they do CONSTANTLY
***** 10 Max Resist Zombies at 22k life each
- Interchangeable Spectres
*** Support or Physical DPS Spectres both fit
- MAJOR room for adjustment based on play style
*** Remove some auras, replace with others
*** Run some curses instead of some auras
*** Drop minions/nodes and boost survivability for more support
*** Take Necro Aegis for more utility/buffs on minions

CONS
- TAKES A LONG TIME TO SPEC INTO THIS BUILD
- Cannot do reflect maps (wouldn't advise)
*** Zombies will kill themselves to physical ALWAYS
*** Zombies will heavily injure themselves on ELE reflect thanks to auras
- Spreads skill tree VERY thin
*** Trying to do support + minions + survivabilty is EXTREMELY taxing
- Zombies are STUPID and have short aggro range
*** You have to shield charge through packs to get the zombies to initiate combat

Will add to this list as I see fit and find more Pros/Cons.

LEVELING

This build takes a LONG time to come into it's own. I leveled with dual poet's pen + arc/lightning warp and with all other twink gear until 70, then slowly transitioned into this build. It takes until around level 80 or so until you will feel comfortable with 10 auras/curses and your minions, so this isn't something you jump right into. We NEED those skill points BADLY.

Recommendations for starters (league starters or non twinks)

The pathing of this build is not optimized for YOU to do any damage, so unless you have twink items, you may be stuck with the following methods (as league startes as well).

- Take minion nodes first, use minions with some auras to level
- Take aura/jewel nodes first, level as aura bot with friend

BANDITS

Short and sweet. Kill'em all. We need as many skill points as we can get.

PANTHEON

This system seems so tacked on that I often forget it's even there. I always choose Brine King for stun and Ralekesh for bleed on pretty much everything I play. These choices are up to you.

GEAR

This was the REALLY fun part for me, personally. Getting/crafting gear for this character was almost like a sophisticated game of Tetris meets Jenga. Everything had to line up, and pulling out 1 piece of gear to replace with something else needed to be done carefully.

All Gear

Gear Breakdown

Weapon

This is about the only place I could make minions viable, and thanks to Elder modded weapons, it ACTUALLY works quite well.

Your really looking to get level 20 Multistrike and level 20 Melee Physical with this weapon, as Chance to Bleed does not work with minions. I tried other combinations of shaper/elder mods in PoBuilding, but none of them gave as much dps/utility as these 2 mods.

The +1 is icing on the cake. Takes a 21 Zombie up to 22, and takes a level 4 Empower up to a level 5 Empower, giving you level 26 Zombies IN A THREE LINK, supported by 3 other DPS gems/skills (multi, minion damage, melee phys).

LINKS
Minion of choice > Minion Damage > Empower

Shield

There are two ways I was going to go with an offhand, but since I lacked too much life/defense, I decided to go with a shield instead of dual wielding weapons like the one in my main hand and plugging skellies into it. I mean, you can do that if you would like and just run less auras and leave enough mana to cast skellies, but I didn't go that route.

For the shield, you want the 15% reduced mana res Shaper mod if you want to run 10+ auras. Couple that with as much life and armour you can get and you should be all set, as this build is armour starved as well and you need to make up for it any way possible.

A + to aura gems corrupt would be ideal, but alas, I lack the balls and currency to attempt this several times with a well rolled Shaper shield.

LINKS
Aura 1 > Aura 2 > Aura 3
Vitality > Discipline > Grace in my rendition.

Helmet

I started this build out with using The Baron and having 1k strength in mind, but boy did I bite off more than I could chew. I REALLY wanted that added strength/damage/health and the leach, but I couldn't fit all that in.

Alpha Howl ended up being my helmet of choice, and focusing more on auras/support, this was a no brainer. The reduction and + to auras both work well with this build and with Purities for that sweet extra max resists.

For enchant/corruption you can go several routes. Reduction to any aura you use will allow for easier reservation managements, and 90% mana multiplier corruption would as well. Also, Stone Golem effectiveness would also be a plus. Lots of choices, so choose what fits you. At the time of writing this, I have 40% Unearth damage, so please, refrain from being jealous....

LINKS
Enlighten > Aura 1 > Aura 2 > Aura 3
Enlighten > Purity of Ice > Purity of Fire > Purity of Lightning in my rendition.

Body Armor

This beauty is what really allows us to run our VERY expensive (mana wise) offensive auras. We do not need any of the offense they provide, so what better place to stick them than in this chest to grant a HUGE bonus with lvl 30 Generosity. The only downside to this chest, is that it lacks everything this build has trouble getting, which is armor and life.

I opted for a 5 link so that I could run all 4 50% auras with a level 3 Enlighten. The 6th spot in the armor is just used currently to level a Zombie gem I want to double corrupt, and will eventually be wasted again on a portal gem probably. If you wanted to, you could try and fit Determination into the chest as well if you can get enough - mana reservation elsewhere and would like to only have it benefit minions and party member.

As for corruptions, +1 to gem level and +2 to AoE gems would be AMAZING, but again, ZERO balls ova here.

LINKS
Enlighten > Aura 1 > Aura 2 > Aura 3 > Aura 4 > Possibly Aura 5
Enlighten > Anger > Wrath > Hatred > Haste > Spare spot for now in my rendition.

Gloves

Since we really only need life on gloves, I figured this would be a great addition to the build. Gloves give a VERY nice chunk of damage to whatever physical damage dealing minions you decide to go with.

You can shoot for a curse on hit corruption if you would like, I just didn't get that far yet. I run with someone who curses with Warlord's Mark and needs it for survivability and it helps my minions, so I don't run anything so it doesn't interfere. Perhaps +1 Frenzy charges would be nice to make shield charging around faster.

LINKS
Stone Golem > Spectre > Minion Life > Blood Magic
(Blood Magic is linked to allow Spectres to spam charges if your using Cheiftens.)
You can sub Spectres or Golem for AG if you would like and do whatever with Blood Magics slot depending on which Spectres you use.

Boots

For me, my boots are a WIP. I needed the Dex for the high Dex requirements of the auras and gear, so I was cornered into getting it somewhere. Since I am also armor starved, I will likely switch up my boots for some high armor, high life, 30% MS, chaos resist boots when I get some Dex jewelry on par with what I currently have life/resist wise.

As for corruption/enchant, I really haven't thought that far ahead. I guess a good utility enchant would be best. Something "if you haven't been hit recently" that regens or what not most likely.

LINKS
Movement Skill (Shield Charge or Leap Slam preferably) > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Blood Magic
I take Faster Attacks out to use Desecrate when I need Spectres.

Belt

You will most likely be shooting for a Stygian Vise, as the more jewel sockets in your tree and on your belt, the better.

As far as stats go, I went for Strength for gear requirements, armor because we need some, Chaos res because temple, and life because we need as much as we can get. Being able to socket another -1 reservation jewel is a HUGE plus.

Necklace

Necklace is pretty straight forward. You just need a Shaper amulet with the 5% mana reservation mod on it and some life. I made mine. Took about 40 chaos of spamming and ended up with a great life roll and 3% reservation mod, used SEVEN divines to finally hit 5%, but worth it in the end.

Not corrupting because I need all the str/dex I can get, but quant/life corruptions would be nice, and +1 curse if you decide to run curses would work well too.

Rings

Nothing crazy here folks. Just some life, resists, and some chaos res if you can fit it in.

I was trying to think of cool unique ring ideas for this build, but none really created that light bulb moment for me. If you can think of something, feel free to add :)

Jewels

Cannot figure out how to link jewels from passive tree to here and am at work, so will take them out when I get home and link them all here.

You basically want gems like the ones in my belt. I have 8 socketed throughout my skill tree and on my belt, and most of them were vaal'ed by myself. The corruption + life on an abyss/jewel is going for 1 Ex plus for the most part, so I would buy 10-15 rares for 1alch to 1 chaos a piece that already had life and minion stats and vaal myself. I would highly recommend doing that instead of paying close to 1 ex +. It took me nearly 30-40 jewels to get the 8 jewels I have, so WELL worth the investment if you want to be thrifty.

OVERALL THOUGHTS, PROGRESS, AND CONCLUSIONS
This build is not min-maxed yet and I am not sure what other directions I will be taking it in next. The corruptions in 3.3 really opened alot of doors for life based aura builds, and I see myself playing with them quite a bit in this league and the leagues to come.

I am currently only level 82, plugging my way up until level 90 to fill out the exact plans I have in the PoB link provided. I didn't 20/20 every gem yet, I didn't implement Vaal aura gems yet, and I didn't fully optimize my stats yet to be able to wear armor based boots and boost my phys reduction either. The physical damage hurts, but with chaos resist maxed and resists overcapped, everything else is a breeze.

I dipped my toes into red maps, with this character, but I am quite a few levels from comfortably running them and sustaining them. Zombies are absolutely annihilating EVERYTHING and only ever die to reflect right now. Bosses in red maps tickle them, and they kill the boss before the bosses health even moves. I am excited to see how they fair to the Guardians/Shaper once I hit 90.

Not only and I able to solo effectively so far, but I feel like a HUGE asset to groups as well. It's an absolute blast playing in a party with my BV Elementalist pal, buffing him, shield charging at his kill pace, and watching him and my zombies go to work on bosses (as long as they last anyhow). I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me on my path to level 90, and I will make sure I keep this as up to date as possible.

VIDEOS
Videos will come after I hit 90 and settle more into the build.

FAQS

I will answer questions in this thread, take suggestions on how to improve my build further, take all the critique like an absolute boss, and update the post and include FAQS as needed.

Thank you all for your time. Still sane Exile?????
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Jun 22, 2018, 3:57:44 PM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2018, 9:30:31 AM
Hi, I tried this build with my friend at 3.4 delve. Amazing work, auras are strong even that I can't run many yet. Minions are good tanks, especially vaal skeletons! This is not bad solo build either, just focus more on minion nodes in skill tree.

Now to the real stuff, as it says in Guide, this is in progress like skill tree only stretch to 74 lvl then it's up to user, did you meant it to be like that? As you pointed in guide it's hard balance minions, auras and survivability, atm I'm really weak even with 4k effective health.

This is what I might go for as I get past 90 lvl https://pastebin.com/YWabuaQy. What you think about extra reduced mana reservations nodes, do they help or not? What about without any %reduced mana jewels? Is it good deal take some nodes away from auras and minions and go for path of the warrior and sentinel good for survivability? As they give more that hard to obtain armour.

I haven't found single rare jewel with that %recuded mana mod (from poe trade), so how did you managed to get them is it just hard early in league? or just lucky vaaling? You could also add smite somewhere, it gives good aura and gives something to do instead standing there. Can you explain little bit how I should set up curse auras, do I need cast them all the time or is there way to make them auras and how does that work?

- Thanks your time for this guide and answers, sorry for many questions this is my 2nd league.
Last edited by Shekki on Sep 16, 2018, 9:31:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info