Upgrade my RoA Build

Hi, so I just played with my blade vortex friend, and even on red maps my traps didnt even trigger on packs, and when they did, it took some time to kill (compared to him), and while i have no problems on yellow incrusions, when he died inside red incrusion I coulnt kill boss in time.

I'm hoping for some tips to make my Rain of Arrows trapper work, I quite like how it looks and works now so i rather not just change RoA for something broken just because it will work better.

So Eq and links (character name "BananasFromTheSky"):

Note that i still can pick uber ascendancy, planned for jugg to increase defences on higher maps.
Im open to all sugestion, I can change pretty much everything save for main skill.
And just FYI got my levels doing mostly low to mid incrusions and temples.

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAwQFtQZABx4IZwzyDkgRLxGWFHUYPBhWGo0b4B7wH1si6iP2JpUqCysKMHEwfDGeMgEyGDKUM3g1kjY9N9Q6QjrhPs9Bh0lRSn1LeE2STeNRR1MxVUtW-lfYWyZd8mHiYetirGegbAhsjG06cFF2b3fXelN7DXtffrB_An8rf_uD8YRvhMWHdonTjDaNfY2_kA2TOpTxlQWVLpu1naqkwqXLpjKmV6bgqUixW7IZswO0xbVItz63db0nvebC7MM6z3rS6NQj1ELYVNi92cbb592o45_ly-ik6NbrY-0_7hXw1fGK8kXydfiX-ej-Cv6P?accountName=MrokPandy&characterName=BananasFromTheSky

Offence screen:
Spoiler

Update:
Got better jewels:

and point blank on quiver:

put points to shadow phys start

Minor upgrades, so still looking for advice.
Last edited by MrokPandy on Jun 22, 2018, 5:23:21 PM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 9:08:58 AM
I can up this post, I'm not sure what can be changed but maybe someone else will see this who know what to do.
https://pastebin.com/PqMCiP1G heres upgraded tree for about 2.5 times the dmg with same setup other than changing 1 gem

Now honestly the character is bound to fail. If you want a t16 viable character you should go saboteur as trap character, the dmg boost as well as over all utility is just much much better.

Now this here is my recomended setup if u want to have a chance to go at t16 maps.
https://pastebin.com/Jq9Cs8bG 3800 life with your current gear, whereas dmg with diamond flask will be about 3 times higher, sitting at about 50k shaper dmg per trap, upper limit with minimal gear upgrades should be about 120-150k shaper dmg per trap.

Tankiness as trapper is rather bad choice, you get hit -> you die, unless u go meta trapper with mom, but then you cant do bow traps, so thats already no go. So the better choice is to go all in damage, take saboteur ascendancy for chain reaction and destroy the game with overwhelming damage.

Immediate upgrade -> BUY level 20 added cold, this will add alot of damage, replace phys proj dmg with it.
Last edited by Aetherium on Jun 23, 2018, 8:24:51 AM
Hmm, so you say "go crit", life is a little too low but I guess I'll try to tweak my build around that.

Can you elaborate on dmg boost as samoteur? Chain reaction dont feel necessary with high trigger radius and jerking mobs around with chin sol's knockback and other than that sabo gives me some elemental pen and a few dmg increases. Also you can forget charge generation on bosses since chain reaction trigger traps instead of mobs.

And about going all damage, wont just random stray projectiles or spells or even white mobs kill me all the time with 3,7k hp?
Also, not to sound ungrateful since you are trying to help me, just out of curiosity, have you played trappers? I can see you have an arc character, so i can see why you say you can go all dmg.

EDIT: Also does anybody know if rain of arrows care about hit chance?
Last edited by MrokPandy on Jun 23, 2018, 8:52:00 AM
"
MrokPandy wrote:
Hmm, so you say "go crit", life is a little too low but I guess I'll try to tweak my build around that.

Can you elaborate on dmg boost as samoteur? Chain reaction dont feel necessary with high trigger radius and jerking mobs around with chin sol's knockback and other than that sabo gives me some elemental pen and a few dmg increases. Also you can forget charge generation on bosses since chain reaction trigger traps instead of mobs.

And about going all damage, wont just random stray projectiles or spells or even white mobs kill me all the time with 3,7k hp?
Also, not to sound ungrateful since you are trying to help me, just out of curiosity, have you played trappers? I can see you have an arc character, so i can see why you say you can go all dmg.

yep ive played trapper this league, killed all guardians and shaper in ssf with arc/lightning trap.
Chain reaction doesnt disable charge generation, at boss u will have perma frenzy/power charges so long u are throwing traps, ive tried a few setup one with mom and about 7k ehp and one with full dmg at about 3.9k life, and honestly if you are done with leveling and want to farm guardians, extra ehp doesnt help, you still get 1 shotted occasionaly yet most of the time u will kill guardians before they even touch you. Chinsol trapper with a bit upgrades to gear will do 100k per trap which is about 500k dmg per throw if you have trap gloves

In case you are wondering, i got to 93 with 3.8k life arc trapper doing t11 shaped underground sea.
You wont be able to straight up tank vaal constructs whether you have 4k or 8k life, they hit quite a bit more than that if you are -60 chaos res, so extra life wont help you, you just have to avoid getting hit.

Im not saying you cant go tanky, its just early on, you are better of going all in in damage, once you can afford 6l chinsol + kaoms heart, you should be easily able to get 6k life with same tree
Last edited by Aetherium on Jun 23, 2018, 8:55:51 AM
"
MrokPandy wrote:

yes, you will want about 1.2k accuracy on your gear if you intend to do high tier maps, theres a reason why everybody is doing spell traps. Its easier to gear for and tree is well balanced in terms of node placement for spell traps.
Last edited by Aetherium on Jun 23, 2018, 8:59:34 AM
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
MrokPandy wrote:

yes

Holy shit, you just helped me find a major flaw, jugg adds 20k avg dmg. Need to explore that further.
Last edited by MrokPandy on Jun 23, 2018, 8:58:28 AM
"
MrokPandy wrote:
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
MrokPandy wrote:

yes

Holy shit, you just helped me find a major flaw, jugg adds 20k avg dmg. Need to explore that further.

eh, just get some gear pieces with accuracy, or just buy effigon -> that will give you 100% hit chance against any blinded enemies, which is all enemies if you are using that quiver or saboteur
effigon costs 6c which is fairly cheap for new character
Last edited by Aetherium on Jun 23, 2018, 9:01:53 AM
I guess ill try with effigon, scion also has blind on hit, and most often I can see they are blinded. It seems promising if i stack some crit and roll witn that amulet. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info