Map pool help

Hi!

I'm a noob in this game. I just level up my first "real" character, and start mapping without strategy... so i have done every white map, about 65% of yellow maps, and a few red maps (t10-t13).

No problem with the difficulty, i can farm most of maps really quick and with ease. But i can't sustain a >t10 map pool... i don't understand why. It's really frustrating! Can anyone help me?!
Last edited by Fredo81 on Jun 21, 2018, 9:55:21 AM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 2:09:26 PM
- Get a higher atlas bonus.

- Invest more currency into your maps by rolling them for more quantity, adding more modifiers or adding more monsters.
"
Scarletsword wrote:

- Invest more currency into your maps by rolling them for more quantity, adding more modifiers or adding more monsters.

So for a lvl 11 map for example, how should i invest? Until now, i just alch that map... should i systematically chisel it? And place sextant for each map i do?
Bonus: Get the bonus for all or at least 95% of maps below T11 and don't skip unique maps unless you can't complete them.

Maps: It depends on how much you can afford because you'll have to do most of your maps like this. Don't just roll a single map with ALL of your currency.
There's no point in spending 20 chaos per map if you only have 50-ish chaos.

Increase your current investment slightly and try to be efficient about it. Maybe start using Chisels, Vaal Orbs, Zana's most efficient mod or 2-3 rerolls for higher quantity on the map itself to start it off or maybe even multiple things.
Run a decent amount of maps(not just 5) and look at the total amount of maps you're getting, not just the high tier ones.
Increase the investment further if you're not happy with the amount of maps you're getting. Repeat this until you're happy with it.

You'll oversustain your total currency and investment most of the time if you're efficient about it and know what to pick up/sell. Most players that are new to higher tier maps are afraid to invest their currency but there isn't really a reason to be afraid.

Sextants are a powerful tool but they require you to roll a bigger amount of the same map in advance to get the most out of them.
Example: There's a Sextant for "30% magic monster packsize" that works great in combination with "X% more magic monsters" on the map itself. You can combine these 2 modifiers every single time if you have already prepared maps to choose from.
You can still use Sextants without doing this method but it won't be as efficient.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Jun 21, 2018, 12:56:15 PM
Ok thank you very much... I know what i have to do now! Big up mate :)
IF/when you start using chisels, use them BEFORE you alch the map.

A chisel applied to a plain, unmodded map gives 5% quality, so you only need to use 4 chisels to get to the 20% cap. A chisel applied to a rare map gives only 1% quality.
deapnd on your build if any map drops like that, do nothing with it and run it exactly like that ( you gain already alot with "Unidentified maps" )

if you cant -> scour -> chisel ( i do it always on red maps so T11+ maps ) -> alch -> chaos to 75+ quant ( for T11+ again ) -> VAAL IT if your build can handel most map mods ( maybe 1-2 which you cant do )

For T15+ i use my sac frags too ( 2-3 depand how many i got )

/E: 156/158 ( going for 158/158 and hunt the red elder / uber elder )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Jun 21, 2018, 1:40:21 PM
"
Fredo81 wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

So for a lvl 11 map for example, how should i invest? Until now, i just alch that map... should i systematically chisel it? And place sextant for each map i do?

just alch and go. maybe reroll once if the mods are terrible.
you can get t12 maps for 5 chisel so what's the point of spending more than that.

buy a pack of maps from the somebody. there are lots of people selling maps in bulk.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 21, 2018, 2:10:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info