The co-owner of my go to reptile store knows Chris

I am fully aware that this game isn't as small as it was when I started playing back in the day, but this kind of stuff always blows me away. To make a short story significantly longer than need be; I was picking up crickets and horn worms for my lil guys and gals yesterday and got to talking to Jordan (co-owner of House of Scales) about hobbies and whatnot. I had mentioned I almost religiously play Path of Exile now and started to explain what it was, only to be cut off almost instantly by an "Oh, I know Chris." Turns out that he is pretty dang well-versed in Magic and collecting the cards. He had met Chris even before this game blew up (perhaps even existed publicly.)

I know this isn't some virtuous achievement, but the term "small world" has never rung more true. So much so that I felt the need to share. I guess a paragraph isn't too bad, as I have the tendency to talk in circles.

tl;dr - lizard man knows Chris from Magic back in the day.
Last edited by ohwky on Jun 18, 2018, 10:34:11 AM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2018, 3:07:03 AM
It's a small planet.
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
Yeah, it's a truth is stranger than fiction that I have seen again and again. I've had some stuff happen even crazier. If you are a writer you get dinged for this by the editor: "No one will believe this!"

Yeah, it happens.
Censored.
When did POE blow up?
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
A lot of people don't know Chris apparently:

https://youtu.be/44QaBzEWugo?t=13m34s

Or what POE is...
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Last edited by nononononono on Jun 18, 2018, 5:59:47 PM
"
nononononono wrote:
A lot of people don't know Chris apparently:

https://youtu.be/44QaBzEWugo?t=13m34s

Or what POE is...

Interesting, haven't seen this yet! I had never really realized how into it people were until about a year ago. Mind you, I am from the middle of nowhere in Canada.
Students are always surprised to see that their old fart of a math professor plays PoE.
It would shock me. I don't blame them. Stereotypes ya know.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info