Underrated unique for lightning trappers - Agnerod West (delivers the dps for Uber Elder/Atziri)

I've been using Agnerod West since pretty much the start of the league and found it to be a really nice and affordable solution, but oddly enough it's not getting much hype, at least considering it has 4 desirable stats.

In any case, one of the mods that I found really useful was the 20% light pen mod, which coupled with the 20% ele pen that saboteur has access to (one through trap nodes, one through ascendancy) allows you to completely skip penetration gems on your main two skills - arc trap/LT and lightning spire. The other is +2 to lightning gems which you can use for either of your traps. I initially used it for spire because I had a 6L tinkerskin before the staff so I used the 6L for arc. I also took down all the hard content in the game with relative ease (needed a few tries for Uber Elder since it was my first kill). Uber Atziri was super easy, my first Shaper kill this league was one of the easiest I've ever had and it was done with a 5L spire (in Agnerod), without max lvl gems and significantly worse gear than I have now.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out the idea for the prospective lightning trappers out there who can't afford Shimmerons and similar level of gear.

Here's the gear I used for Uber Elder kill:

Spoiler
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2018, 9:26:17 AM
I'm switching onto this as I've just started this league. Most of the guides ive seen are using shimmerons but they costs too much. The only problem I have with now is getting the socket colors for the staff! It's so hard to get the 3b-3g ;_;
I just linked a Pledge of Hands as self-cast arc in ssf - I swapped Agnerod into PoB and it would have been a slight (~5%) damage increase over that, so I feel a little silly now.

I've found charged dash to be great utility for staves if you can find two sockets. Lets us cover gaps fairly fast and you can tap it for super quick fortify.
"
Ripperdoodles wrote:
I just linked a Pledge of Hands as self-cast arc in ssf - I swapped Agnerod into PoB and it would have been a slight (~5%) damage increase over that, so I feel a little silly now.

I've found charged dash to be great utility for staves if you can find two sockets. Lets us cover gaps fairly fast and you can tap it for super quick fortify.

Don't forget to account for extra chain on arc as well, if you don't have a lvl 21 gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info