S T A R D E W - V A L L E Y

W O W...! This has to be the B E S T rpg i've played in a LONG LONG LONG time...! 10/10 would recommend!!! BETTER than POE for sure! BUY IT
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 11:29:09 AM
I've heard great things about it from anyone who has played it. On my list to get. Eventually.
Censored.
why does a game that came out in the year 2016 look like a game from the year 1996?
"
PaoloPinkel wrote:
why does a game that came out in the year 2016 look like a game from the year 1996?

Because people try to look intellectual designing awful looking games arguing "oldschool theme" instead of putting the effort to make their game look good.

Slackers...
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
PaoloPinkel wrote:

That's because the one person who worked on Stardew Valley isn't a 3D graphic designer; odds are the game still wouldn't exist if he had to model everything in high-res 3D. :) Instead, he went for a style that he can accomplish, and put a whole lot of effort into this style to make it live and breathe, it looks nice in motion.

---------
Stardew Valley is fantastic. Great way to relax, spend a couple carefree hours. Water some plants, go fishing. Sometimes just wander for a bit. Remarkably expansive as well, if the game catches your interest you'll get your money's worth with ease. I've spent 35hrs and have seen most things, but not all, and haven't touched multiplayer yet.
It's an addictive game, and it encourages the player to be efficient with their planning/timing, especially to maximize yields on the crops. While you're not really in a race to get anything done ASAP, you're certainly rewarded for efficiency early on. It's possible to make a million+ in your first summer. Summer crops are the most profitable.

You can find a mushroom floor in the mines, and abuse that to make a crap ton of money early on. Getting to the bottom of the mines ASAP is a good strategy. One day of farming a mushroom floor efficiently can get you 50-80k+. Farm the mines, upgrade all your tools, pay to fix greenhouse, bus, etc. Then grow starfruit and slam it into kegs, and you'll be rolling.

Trying to grow crops early with basic tools, and no sprinklers isn't a very efficient usage of time. It takes a crap ton of time to water crops by hand, when you could be spelunking in the mines for ores, and mushroom floors. Even fishing is better than crops if you don't have upgraded tools/sprinklers. You can make 5k/day fishing. More if it's raining.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 17, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info