Cyberpunk 2077 E3 trailer

Neuromancer's opening line about the sky being the colour of a dead channel is definitely a great one, but the weird thing is it's meaning to audiences has changed over time - old fogeys like myself picture grey static:
Spoiler

but I remember reading an interview with Gibson where he pointed out there are adult people today who grew up knowing a dead channel as a flat, unnaturally vivid blue:
Spoiler

which is also an evocative sky colour, but in a different way.

And as a salute to my favourite card game coming to an end of production, I'm posting of my personal favourite cards, which references that line:
Spoiler

Bringing this post back around more in the direction of the topic of the thread, the reason that Android:Netrunner is ending is that the mechanics and name were licensed by Wizards of the Coast, who produced the original Netrunner CCG in the 90s, and that license has not been renewed. Fantasy Flight own the Android setting used in the newer implementation, and will continue to use it in future games, but they can't make Netrunner anymore. The original Netrunner itself was made by WoTC, but they licensed the setting they used for it - the Cyberpunk 2020 setting from the tabletop roleplaying game - which even included alternate rules for playing Netrunner games in place of the RPGs hacking rules. This is the same setting which is the basis of the Cyberpunk 2077 game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info