[3.3] ARE YOU WORTHY ? Dual Mjollner Arc Inquisitor

[WIP]

POB : https://pastebin.com/NWaHJYzw

Videos :
T10 Orchard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHjQxHD2TW8&feature=youtu.be

[1. Concept of the build]

This build is based around the Mjolner mace, that casts a lightning spell everytime we hit something with it. We'll use two of them and use Cyclone to proc both of them when we attack and we'll use Arc in both. Of course, since we'll going to be inquisitor, we'll heavily spec into crit because it allows us to forego any kind of lightning penetration thanks to Inevitable Judgement.

[2. Pros and cons]

Pros :
-Really smooth clear speed and gameplay thanks to cyclone.
-Unlike other cyclone build like pure cyclone or Ngamahu's flame, the arc have a long reach and kill monsters way outside of the cyclone AoE.
-No mana needed, so no mana regen needed, yay !
-Good single target DPS because of Arc rework.
-Shatters screens at a time.

Cons :
-Heavy gearing requirement because of Mjolner and crit.
-Really weak to physical damage since we don't use any armor increase.
-Can't play no regen or elemental reflect maps.

[3. Gearing - Uniques]

The maint point of the build. Each Mjolner can only cast a spell every 250 ms so using two of them will allow to get up to 8 Arc cast per second. It also increase the amount of times Arc chains for a good boost in damage. The downside is that it needs a lot of strenght and intelligence, but since we are a Templar we can get quite a lot from the tree.

Good life, critical chance and attack speed, everything we need.

Astramentis. We need it to reach the attribute requirement of Mjolner and prove we're worty. The highest roll the better, indeed.

This item allows us to leverage the strenght we stack for Mjolner and use it for Spell Damage also. The lower Spell Damage Reduced the better.

Good life providing item and increase our attributes, while also giving us some protection against elemental ailments.

[4. Gearing - Rares]

For the remaining rare slots (rings, boots, chest) we'll need to cover our resistances while getting more life and strenght. We can also try to get critical chance on ring or elemental damage via Opal Rings.

[5. Gem Links]

Cyclone Setup : [4L] Cyclone + Additional Accuracy + Blood Magic + Fortify [6L] Curse On Hit + Assassin's mark

The main link of our build. We need only 4 links to get going.

In Mjolner : [3L] Arc + Increased Critical Strike Chance + Controlled Destruction / Elemental Focus

CWDT : Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Assassin's mark + Ice Golem

Classic IC / CWDT setup. Assassin's mark for lazy curse application if we don't have a 6 link. Ice golem for more accuracy and crit chance.

Auras and Herald : Wrath - Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder

Main damage boost of the build. Wrath gives a lot of lightning damage, same for Herald of Thunder. Herald of Ice help us clear with ice explosions, allowing to not get an Inpulsa's for basically the same effect and be easier on our gearing.

Either :
Mobility : Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Culling Strike - Blood Magic

Allows us to move faster around map and over ledges and cull bosses. Pretty straightforward.

Single Target and Power Charge : Orb of Storm - Power charge on critical strike - Blood Magic - Culling Strike

Give us power charge for more damage and culling strike. Orb of Storm gives a bit of damage also.

[6. Flasks]

Life flask : Not necessary, but help offset the lack of regen the build have.

Onslaugh : Help us move faster in maps as well have reaching the attack speed threshold (see below for detailed mechanics)

Diamond : Give us more crit chance to get the most out of Inevitable Judgement

Quicksilver : Not mandatory but smooths out the mapping.

Granite / Basalt : Help us with physical mitigation we cruely lack.

We'll also want to get freeze, bleed and curse removal on our flasks. Any other roll should be Surgeon (gain charge on crit) or movespeed.

[7. Mechanics details]

Mjolner can only cast a spell every 250ms, so to reach the full potential of spell cast, we must reach a bit less than 4 attacks per second per Mjolner. Each cyclone attack attack each hand once, so we need a tooltip attack time of a bit more than 0.25s. That's why we use Onslaught flask and we can also get attack speed on gear. We get a good chunk of AS from tree also.

The cast is trigger only if the hit actually hit the target. We don't get a trigger of the hit miss, so we need Accuracy nodes on tree and Accuracy support.

[8. Jewels]

On our jewels, we'll need Lightning damage, Crit Chance / multiplier and life. From tinkering on POB I've seen that since we get enough of crit multi and chance from the tree, it's better to just get straight increase in spell damage, either increase or flat.

Abyss jewels with flat damage and flat life seems the best choice here, but good cobalts with increased spell damage can do as well.

[8. Endgame upgrade]

This sections details really end-game upgrades if you want to push the build to its maximum potential.

Arc Enchant : +1 chain for arc, straight 15% more damage against single target.
Assassin's Mark on hit ring : Allows us to free up slots for better supports.
Flat lightning damage boots enchant : Good boost in damage.
Mjolner corrupt - Lighting damage leech : A good source of leech once we get good damage. It's fairly hard to get.
Opal Rings : Straight elemental damage increase.
Lvl 21 Arc : Hard to get because Arc is meta now. It is recommended to level up arcs in weapon swap to corrupt them later.

Last edited by Requiem36 on Jun 9, 2018, 8:41:50 AM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2018, 2:31:28 PM
Really want to try this out, but was wondering if this build going to be worth my buck. What is the highest level of content you've done?
I'm pretty casual as a player so I'm haven't reached T15 / Shaper yet, but this build can do it with decent gear. You can reach around 700k Shaper DPS so it's manageable. I haven't had any issue yet going throught content.
I just swapped over to this from classic arc inquisitor, it feels just as strong if not a little stronger. Since theres 0 mana, this build doesn't run into any resource issues which is nice. However, I find it a little hard to survive the boss fights at around T8-T10 ish. Is there a way incorporate any sustain without using life leech support? (If theres no other way, I can use life leech but I'd need to throw chromes LOL)

Edit:

I just learned this today, apparently if you link Fortify and Ancestral, ONLY the totem gets affected, the player does not.
Last edited by Dharcfrost on Jun 11, 2018, 6:53:49 PM
Any idea how to improve the single target? After watching Mathil's Mjolner build he tried using lightning spire trap, I may try that out.
I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm 99% sure the 250ms cool down is global to the spell type and thus shared between the Mjolners. In other words Arc can only be triggered by Mjolner's effect every 250ms and it doesn't matter that you have separate Arc gems in separate Mjolner's.

You can tell because Cyclone hits with main hand then off hand per spin, but both Arc gems will go on the 250ms cool down in the action bar at the same time. If you swap one of them for say spark then you'll see them proccing and going on CD at different intervals.

So the good news is you were clearing with literally just one Arc proccing. The bad news is there isn't anything remotely as good as Arc as a second spell to proc. Shock nova is good for clear, but you're already clearing fast. Spark theoretically benefits from the chains and depending on the situation can hit multiple times for higher DPS, but without specing into duration and projectile speed it isn't massively better than Shock Nova.

This is why Mathil went with a single Mjolner and Charged Dash CwC Arc setup as a way to actually single target with 2 Arcs.

"
Hackusations wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm 99% sure the 250ms cool down is global to the spell type and thus shared between the Mjolners. In other words Arc can only be triggered by Mjolner's effect every 250ms and it doesn't matter that you have separate Arc gems in separate Mjolner's.

You can tell because Cyclone hits with main hand then off hand per spin, but both Arc gems will go on the 250ms cool down in the action bar at the same time. If you swap one of them for say spark then you'll see them proccing and going on CD at different intervals.

So the good news is you were clearing with literally just one Arc proccing. The bad news is there isn't anything remotely as good as Arc as a second spell to proc. Shock nova is good for clear, but you're already clearing fast. Spark theoretically benefits from the chains and depending on the situation can hit multiple times for higher DPS, but without specing into duration and projectile speed it isn't massively better than Shock Nova.

This is why Mathil went with a single Mjolner and Charged Dash CwC Arc setup as a way to actually single target with 2 Arcs.

Hackusations has it correct. the 250ms cd is spell global. You can read more about the mechanic on the Poet's Pen page on the wiki, but it is the same one as the majority of triggered gem mechanics.

tldr: get yourself a shield, you've been carrying the weight of 2 mjolner's for +1 chain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info