Let's make a step forward

Well, I would like to see such PoE pvp in a far future:

1) 50% depends on gaming skill
2) 25% on gear
3) 25% on game skills/passives

I've played 1000+ pvp games already with many diferent characters, and can say its far from that atm.

There should definetely be other options (leagues, ladders whatever) for diferent styles, like 80% gear dependant 10% game skills 10% gaming skills, but I'm pretty sure most people are atracted by pvp that is mostly based on gaming skills.

I really don't know how this can be possible, but if we all try to get together instead of trying to childlishly prove our perfect truths no matter what they are, for the sake of being the winners of converstion - then we can have some hope.

So, in this thread if we can post nice suggestions/ideas in a mature/polite way, sum them up, come to some conclusions, maybe get GGG opinion about some aspects of pvp etc. it would be small step forward. Especially suggestions on how to make game more gaming skill based than anything else, are welcome.

When posting, if not obvious, show witch pvp you refer to: lvl 28 or merciless.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
My first suggestion that I had for a few days already is to make lvl 28 pvp to lvl 31, so that all skills could be used. Since GGG want to move low level pvp to A3 anyways.
With all skills usable, there would be so much more play options: spell totem, gmp etc.
you right about 80% win chance based on gear
and i too dont like that but you forgot one thing
this game not lol or dota and heavy gear dependence absolutely normal for poe and other diablo like games
even i really dont like it i understand that there is too many ppl who like this
yes they like heavily role of gear in pvp and play for it
so maybe dont need try make another lol or dota ?
"
kiersz wrote:

so maybe dont need try make another lol or dota?

Honestly, I think that's a good option. People who want as much as possible balanced games can play dota or something similar because to balance such game as PoE would take forever, while PoE could be more of a gear check than gaming skills check game.

I still think that 3x3 and cuthroat (looking forward for it) is fun even without perfect balance. It would be great if GGG would make some 3x3 official tournaments and open cuthroat league soon. Many players say they will do pvp, but since there is no prices/ladder, they lack motivation, they mostly practise races and do them.
ladder and good matchmaking system is only that really need for pvp
it somehow encourage you to play pvp knowing that you will fight similar opponent and not one who crush you like bug
after it was done it will be easier to balance some little things for better pvp

and yes ppl want cutthroat league and more duel variations
Last edited by kiersz on Mar 2, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
"
kiersz wrote:
ladder and good matchmaking system is only that really need for pvp
it somehow encourage you to play pvp knowing that you will fight similar opponent and not one who crush you like bug

Also it will be more fun to meet stronger oponents, because from 1000+ matches I played, I lost less than 10. And almost all of those that I lost was very one sided.
i lost only to 2 ppl ))
ofc when system not find equal opponent to you you meet stronger one or weaker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info