[3.2] Spectral Spirits >Occultist Summoner<

Hi, I wanted to showcase the build I played during the Bestiary League.

Mechanics
Spoiler
The premise is rather simple: Use a 6 socket bow with Essence of Insanity Spectral Spirits as your vessel to inflict Decay, then scaled your decay damage through supports and minion damage. This allows you to scale only minion damage, as spectral spirits never die. With that in mind, your best choice for single target becomes Summon Skeletons with poison supports. In order to scale both of your damage sources through curses, you resort to Despair for obvious reasons, Temporal Chains for some defensive value as well as extended poison duration, and Poacher's Mark. Poacher's Mark may seem unusual, but the added accuracy contributes greatly to the stacking of poison considering the low hit rate of skeletons. It's relevant for your Spectral Spirit decay as well since this will allow them to gain frenzy charges, further buffing their damage. I planned on playing this build before the Occultist rework was announced, so the fact that minions can now trigger cursed monster explosions was a welcome surprise. The playstyle is rather simple: Just lazily walk around and let your spirits kill stuff for you. For bosses, drop a wither totem and spam skeletons ontop of your target.

Gear & Gem Links
Spoiler

The Covenant is required since your mana will be completely reserved by curses and discipline. You can just specc into "Whispers of Doom" until you get a +1 curse Sidhebreath. Occultist Wicked Ward + Soul Strike quiver make a good defensive option. You will need some minion speed, so drop one damage support on your bow for a Minion Speed Support gem until you craft some decent rings with movespeed. Minion Damage and Increased Life are all you will be needing on your jewels, use the spare mods to sort out your resistances and attributes.

Passive Tree

Video

Some final thoughts on the build: It's pretty cheap to get started since you don't have to link your bow, and it's a fun different build to attempt, but in all honesty it's not very strong. You can make it into red maps as soon as you get a level 21 Decay, even better if you meta craft your bow with +1 to all gems. You could achieve even better decay damage if you miraculously crafted a +2 chaos +1 all staff with Spectral Spirits, but that would imply dropping the quiver for defenses and using Flame Dash over Blink Arrow. As I said before, you will be able to comfortably run red maps, but I honestly doubt the build can deal with Guardians, less so with Elder, Shaper, or other strong bosses. I got bored of bestiary at level 89, but by level 95ish I can guarantee you'd achieve 6k+ Life and 4k+ ES. Although those are nice numbers, your low physical mitigation leaves you vulnerable, so do be a bit cautious about that.

@BeautyAndTheBeastiary
Last edited by lucksickle on May 29, 2018, 10:31:11 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2018, 8:52:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info