I tell ya, my wife screams when she has sex

especially when I walk in on her!

RIP Rodney Dangerfield
Last bumped on May 25, 2018, 11:41:09 AM
Went looking for a nice Dangerfield one-liner, then couldn't resist posting this favorite, since the old greats of the past could be a good starting point:

Foster Brooks roasts Don Rickles
"
Morkonan wrote:
Went looking for a nice Dangerfield one-liner, then couldn't resist posting this favorite, since the old greats of the past could be a good starting point:

Foster Brooks roasts Don Rickles

Damnit, I think you may have stolen the thread with that one. Fuck, my face hurts from laughing so hard.
All credit to the original artists, after all. I didn't do anything more than present their humor.

There are still up-and-coming comedians do wonderful work. But, there's often something a bit more poignant with some of the ones that came before. Sure, they're not as popular today. That's natural. But, they're still darn funny if one can get past certain "dated" material to the underlying bits.

And, the ones that are best? It doesn't matter when they were stomping around a stage. They've got timeless stuff, material that doesn't rely on being culturally relevant. The human condition will be with us long after we're no longer human... probably.

PS - It doesn't hurt that the clip also has people in intimate association laughing their butts off along with the audience. Watching people laughing often makes us laugh, too. It doesn't matter what it is, either. That's one reason why there are "laugh tracks" - An attempt to grab hold of that natural human response. But, then again, Foster Brooks is funny as $@%@ in those Dean Martin Roasts. :)

An example of laughing along with others. One of my favorites. Tim Conway ad-libs this scene, as he often did, and the results are far off-script, but the "value" of that "creative" decision can't be understated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Today, that's not something that would be possible to do outside of a variety show, like SNL. That show has gone a bit stale, likely because it has little in the way of such spontaneous humor.

Great stuff. We all need a good laugh, no matter what "time" it comes from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info