supporter recap 2012 - 2018

i'm trying to not be "german type blunt" as usual but if i had to do a short recap of ggg's supporter handling since 2012:

it's always been "game first", supporters rarely got any recognition. it's not a very bad strategy for a company with limited resources but surprising for a game that finances itself from supporter's money and needs them to stick around.

a quick listing of issues

the mtx handling has been awful from 2012 to 2017.

buying stash tabs over a certain point still makes handling them a pita.

buying special tabs, you have to move them over all existing tabs at league start.

showing your full support on forums if you were proud of it was enabled 6 years after release.

the implementation of quad tabs forced alot of premium tab buyers into buyers remorse because of their non-convertability from premium tabs

the introduction of "sales" made ingame mtx lose their value as those mtx didn't have a fixed support value attached to them anymore. and it made people regret their decisions to support the game at the wrong time

the introduction of mtx boxes randomised the pain of mtx owners and make people having to buy the stuf later on feel like losers who didn't win.

time exclusive mtx got more sparse over time, except for league rewards which are the only time exclusive mtx you can reliably get now (for causing costs, not supporting the game)

ggg staff mostly commented on reddit looks like they're trying to avoid answering exclusively to their supporters.

it's been charming to some that ggg never gave the impression of needing our money and that likely even made some people support them in the first place but in the light of the tencent takeover it might appear that putting some more weight into supporter stuff would have been a good idea some time ago.

well, after all these rants i would like to say thank you to chris and the team, it's been a great time with you and pathofexile so far and i don't regret having supported you despite all the isues above.

sincerely
vio/geradon/cronus
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 12:40:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info