Time to look for a game ? Any recommendations ?

I liked the early Total War but the later ones not so much. :( Got a bigger kick out of Europa Universalis IV but they will try to sell you God alone knows how many mods.

Better have a lot of time though!
Censored.
Medieval Total War II is my favorite in the series. I also like Empire:Total War, but only with Darthmod to fix/improve some issues.

For the rest of the series, including the rampant monetization and "Day 1" crap they've done, I have little interest.

EU IV looks great. Steep curve, though. I watch some Let's Plays on it, from time to time. I picked up Crusader Kings II for free, not long ago. Will try that out, though I'm sure I'll fail - I suck at being "evil."

I keep hedging on Hearts of Iron IV. If Steam has another sale on the full pack, which they seem to do every Summer Sale, I might actually buy it this time. :)

I'm close to trying out X-COM for the first time. (The newer one.) Had it forever, just don't know if I can take the tension... (Inspired by Beaglerush's great series XCOM-Live and impossible Long War:)

By the way, if one likes squad-combat tactical games, the old "UFO" series is outstanding. Get the community patches, though. A favorite youtuber of mine has a couple of great let's plays on that: UFO - Afermath , UFO-Aftershock (Loved those let's plays, lots of fun)

I always try to get some information on gameplay from youtube let's plays for any game I'm not already familiar with. It helps a great deal when deciding on a title. But, then again, sometimes I'll just sit and watch let's plays instead of "playing." (Like with Avaak's various Rimworld and Factorio "let's plays."
EU4 is outstanding, one of my favorite games but....

its kind incomplete without some of the DLC so look for a sale if you are going to get it or be prepared to spend a good amount
I dont see any any key!
Yeah, that's what I meant dlc. Also the tutorials stink.
Censored.
"
k1rage wrote:
EU4 is outstanding, one of my favorite games but....

its kind incomplete without some of the DLC so look for a sale if you are going to get it or be prepared to spend a good amount

Thanks for that reminder! I had read that and noted the commentary from some players regarding it, but forgot just how hamstrung it was without that additional stuff.

I will certainly be on the lookout for a whole "Complete" package. (Steam/others usually include that in their sales schemes.)

For tutes, I'd probably go to youtube. Quill18 has a bunch of them and he's pretty entertaining.
I hope Last Epoch will be good. Really like the vision of game.
I hope Grim Dawn's next expansion Forgotten gods will be good (AoM was nearly perfect Expansion kind of Lord of Destruction for D2 was). I really like Grim Dawn overal. The only thing I dislike is to play campaign 3x to get to End Game.

I also bought Wolcen in pre-sale. Game seems to be growing (studio itself is growing) and I hope they will serve. Alpha in September.

For all players searching for a new game I can only recommend Enderal (Total conversion of Skyrim's engine). That mod is really really good and its story is hauntingly beautiful. Also it will have a new DLC soon.

For all the rest there is always Divinity: Original Sin 2

:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info