[Dead as of 3.3] Gryphon/Dyadus RF (Jugg/Raider)

Dyadus Axe has been changed to only work with inflicted ignites.

How is this RF build different? - This build uses weapon swap and other synergies to have a smoother/faster clear speed in most cases when compared to traditional Juggernaut RF. At the same time it has equivalent boss slaying potential without the need to become stationary because of Scorching Ray and has the added benefit of chilling/blinding constantly.

How does the build work?

Restless Ward is an underrated RF chest because prior to 3.2 most builds didn't run 8+ endurance charges to have over 200HP regen. That's better than a 2% regen chest in most cases, but most importantly the 100% duration on charges makes maintaining easy and even trivial.

This leads into using Doedre's Elixir to manually generate max charges very quickly simply from clearing the map, which gives the build full up time on onslaught from Scion Raider. However, the real synergy comes from having Doedre's Elixir triggering a Level 1 CWDT+Blade Vortex setup that will proc Elemental Overload, Elemental Equilibrium, and even a COH+Flammability when using a 6L. Basically, you hit Doedre's and everything in your RF range is automatically debuffed.

Next we use Gryphon+DPS stick or a 2x Gryphon setup to stack tons of movement speed for a very smooth/fast clear speed. No clipping walls or objects with Shield Charge. This is extremely nice for farming Lab.

For DPS on bosses we just quickly weapon swap to dual Dyadus and use Cyclone+Brutality+Fortify to apply the chill effect that triples the normal RF damage because "taken" is a MORE multiplier. This is important to understand because it makes additive increases from other sources like jewels a huge part of the overall DPS.

Lastly, when it comes to jewels this build can take advantage of common abyss jewel modifiers like %regen while moving and increase damage over time while dual wielding.

Gear
Spoiler

Note: With a 6L I am able to drop Blasphemy+Flammability for curse on hit with BV and go with a second Purity or Vitality plus a matching Watcher's Eye jewel.

Passive Tree

PoB Pastebin

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill them. Kill them all.

Ascendancy

Spoiler
1. Juggernaut
2. Raider
3. Path of Marauder (Respec to start from Marauder when using Might of the Meek jewel in the socket below Scion life wheel.)

Pantheon
Spoiler
Major - Soul of Arakaali
Minor - Soul of Shakari/Soul of Gruthkul

Gem Setups
Spoiler
- Obviously RF in helm.
- Auras NOT on weapons so you can use weapon swap in combat.
- Need matching CWDT+Stone Golem for each weapon set. It won't despawn on swap.
- I use Ancestral Protector with Dyadus setup to proc chills when fighting Shaper/Uber Elder to avoid Cycloning into Shaper's triple ball and beam attack. Huge QoL for those fights.

Last edited by Hackusations on May 29, 2018, 10:47:21 PM
Last bumped on May 23, 2018, 2:02:21 PM
This build looks interesting. Some nice synergies in there as you mention. Do you have any videos of map clear and/or boss kills? Thanks
"
IronYeti66 wrote:
This build looks interesting. Some nice synergies in there as you mention. Do you have any videos of map clear and/or boss kills? Thanks

No videos at the moment, but I may add them later.

There really isn't much to the play style to see since it is 99% running with the occasional cyclone for fortify and boss killing. For comparison on what I mean by running having dual Gryphon the movement speed starts getting pretty close to what you'd see in many QotF builds.
"
No videos at the moment, but I may add them later.

I would really like some video clear speed/bossing!

Want to see what's the difference with other builds. Might build this soon too if you add videos :)

Thanks! Looks interesting!
Last edited by Feurn on May 8, 2018, 7:28:24 PM
Wow...This actually seems really awesome...Man I'd love to see a video though, please just do a map run and maaaaaybe a guardian fight or something?
This build looks really cool and I'd like to try it next league. Any chance we could see a short leveling guide and/or some guidance transitioning into endgame?

One other quick question: you mention that before your armor was 6L, you used blasphemy + flammability. What other gems did you use in that case?

Thanks for the build!
"
Skiller41 wrote:
This build looks really cool and I'd like to try it next league. Any chance we could see a short leveling guide and/or some guidance transitioning into endgame?

One other quick question: you mention that before your armor was 6L, you used blasphemy + flammability. What other gems did you use in that case?

Thanks for the build!

I added a summary leveling section with some basic tree layouts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info