Increase map area size but don't change map dropping rate.

Let map area size is as large as new acts' area but keep map dropping rate and mobs density unchanged.

I think many players would love it.
Last edited by smtad on Apr 24, 2018, 6:09:21 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 10:18:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I would absolutely love maps to be huge, 3-5 times larger than now. I don't like chaining maps that are 2-3 min to run, it bores me very quickly and thus I cannot make myself play to the endgame. Also I like the Lab for it's massiveness.
Anything suggesting leaving the map drop rate to what it is in Bestiary League is a hard No from me. It feels qualitatively fine in Standard, but whatever is going on in the current League is unacceptable.

Map size is a rough line to walk - needs to be big enough to entertain and feel like an accomplishment but small enough that the novelty of running different layouts keeps you engaged (this does not apply to the shaped Atlas concepts obviously, but I personally question how someone can run one map hundreds of times and not get crazy bored). MaxGor's comment above supports how fine this line is.

I like the 10 minute or so average map time. Sure, some players will aspire to speed and run a map in 3 minutes, but you need to look at the averages.

Also, you would have to balance the map size/potential loot drops against portals. The 6 portals for current map size seems balanced very well. Add 5 times as many mobs and access to loot, maybe not so much. Sure, I typically only use one portal a map, but some people are still looking for rares for their build and like to sell lots of loot. Put a vendor at the entrance of a map? Probably not possible coding-wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info