Shaper memory fragment disappeared. Advice needed.

So i got the Elder and his guardians to spawn on red maps so i could get the final 5 memory fragments, but when i killed the first guardian the fragment on this Park map disappeared.
Spoiler

Now i have 13 fragments, so what should i do? Wait for the memory fragment to reappear (is it even possible?), or kill the Elder and wait for him to spawn again so i can collect the last fragment?

I can't collect both fragments from the Elder because i don't have a second char who can open maps.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2018, 1:20:44 PM
Try talking to Zana. I don't get what you mean by "disappeared" though. You killed the guardian, and the frag appeared, but later vanished? Did you pick it up first? What happened?
-I was spreading the Elder influence trying to cause him to spawn.

-Then it finally happened, the Elder and his 4 guardians spawned, all of them in red maps, each one containing a Shaper's memory fragment, to a total of 5 fragments.

-I killed the first guardian and collected his memory fragment.

-Now there should be 4 fragments remaning. But instead there were only 3 fragments remaining, because one of them vanished. The guardian is still there, but he doesn't have a memory fragment anymore, as you can see on the screenshot.
IT's because of how the Memory fragments work.

The 11th Fragment is only dropped by Elder or Guardian on a T13+ map
The 12th Fragment is only dropped by Elder or Guardian on a T14 or 15 map.
The 13th Fragment is only dropped by an Elder or Guardian on a T15 map
The 14th fragment is only dropped by the Elder on a T14 or 15 map.

So for example, if you have 10 memory Fragments, and get Guardians on a T13, 2x T14, and a T15 map, with Elder on a T14, you'll see all 5 of them with Memory Fragments. But if you kill the Guardian on one of the T14 maps, and collect his fragment, now you'll have 11 memory fragments, and the Guardian on the T13 map can't drop the 12th fragment, so his fragment will 'disappear' from the map. IF you then killed the Guardian on the T15 map, you'd then be at 12 memory fragments, and the other T14 guardian couldn't drop the 13th fragment, so that one would disapear from the map as well.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Apr 22, 2018, 12:35:45 PM
Thanks mate, very useful information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info