Gaming Mouse

Hey all

currently using a Roccat XTD optical and although its been a good mouse the side are rubbing off and looking for a new mouse, anyone use the Roccat before and switched to something better?

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 1:11:36 PM
bought a roccat nyth because it's perfectly adjustable even for big hands and has lots of customisable buttons.

after half a year:

- gave up on updating the driver cause the setup menu crashes under win7 x64 and won't even start now even after reinstalling

- the rubber on the mouse wheel get's loose and turns the wheel only if i press it harder

- the side buttons get stuck in pressed position if you don't press them properly

- the mouse needs to be replugged from usb 20 minutes after you started using it cause it randomly stops working (mouse pointer won't move)

haven't had such a shitty piece of hardware/software since i bought my first C64 (and i had alot of shit). if the company had a office nearby i would throw it into one of their windows.

it's rank of shittiness even tops razer (that's why i "like" the ingme footsteps so much), the only working stuff i bought from them is a metallic mouse pad.

think i'm back to logitech soon, with less buttons, sadly.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'm still rocking a Logitech G700. This mouse is about 4 years old, and is still in solid shape. You got plenty of buttons for PoE, although it's probably not enough buttons for an MMORPG.

Solid design, it's been dropped, slammed on the desk multiple times over 4 years, and the only thing I had to replace on it were the skid plates. And I only had to do that recently.

You can tip the wheel to the left or right to scroll left or right, and it no longer wants to scroll left by kicking the wheel left. But I have other methods to do that. All other buttons/functions still work without issues.

Would totally buy another one. This G700 is a fucking jugg.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 22, 2018, 10:10:46 AM
Roccat is junk, utter junk. It's all bling and no reliability as vio pointed out.

Logitech is typically the way to go. Sometimes the competitors deliver a nice mouse (eg: Corsair, SteelSeries, etc.), but generally nothing beats the reliability and longevity of a Logitech mouse. On that note I'm still using three of the Logitech G9x mouse from 2008-2009, and they're all still working. Almost a decade and still working. The DPI buttons on one of them is getting hard to register clicks, but all other buttons and functions working well.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 23, 2018, 9:46:45 AM
i'm using a G402 and im pretty happy with it.

but to be honest this is the most i would pay for a mouse. more dpi more accuracy more whatever wont really help in any way except looking good on a spec sheet imo.

i only wish i had like 1 more button on my mouse but thats preference anyways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info