Life Leech not keeping me alive, pls help

I'm trying to run a Duelist Slayer/Oni-Goroshi Blade Flurry/Reave build, and I'm constantly dying. The leech is there, but it is not anywhere near fast enough to keep me alive. Higher tier bosses are out-damaging my leech, even at 6 stages of BF.

Here is my build with exact gear and buffs that will always be active.

https://pastebin.com/2yMaasyk

Character is Parrot_Lord
Last edited by Khrinoc on Apr 20, 2018, 7:56:13 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 6:21:13 AM
You can make your characters public. That way you don't have to create a pastebin (and people don't need pathbuilder installed). Just go into account setting->Privacy Setting and uncheck hide character tab.
"
Darthbones wrote:
You can make your characters public. That way you don't have to create a pastebin (and people don't need pathbuilder installed). Just go into account setting->Privacy Setting and uncheck hide character tab.

Solved.
Abyssus is pretty bad with low armour. Try a normal helmet and see if you live longer. Also your crit chance isn't that high to warrant abyssus IMO.

Some of your items aren't that optimised. Still using a magic jewel, for eg - why not regal it or get a 1c jewel with 3 mods that help you? Also your gloves have a space to mastercraft armour or something.

You have low life on gear but with Kaoms you should be surviving fine despite that. You should look at getting more life eventually though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Apr 20, 2018, 8:05:19 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Abyssus is pretty bad with low armour. Try a normal helmet and see if you live longer. Also your crit chance isn't that high to warrant abyssus IMO.

Some of your items aren't that optimised. Still using a magic jewel, for eg - why not regal it or get a 1c jewel with 3 mods that help you? Also your gloves have a space to mastercraft armour or something.

You have low life on gear but with Kaoms you should be surviving fine despite that. You should look at getting more life eventually though.

I lose 270k DPS when I abandon Abyssus.

I'm gonna go for Hematophagy and see if the extra 770 Life Leech/On Hit Rate makes it any better.
Last edited by Khrinoc on Apr 20, 2018, 9:25:27 PM
"
Khrinoc wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

I lose 270k DPS when I abandon Abyssus.

I'm gonna go for Hematophagy and see if the extra 770 Life Leech/On Hit Rate makes it any better.

yeah abandon the abyssus. 270k dps is not worth abyssus's draw back.
What content are you running and do you have problem with certain bosses or in general?

The Abyssus is killing you cos you´re taking 45% more physical damage from hits!

In fact you´re glass canon with just average life pool (even with Kaom) without an extra mitigation.

You can keep the helm but you need to invest in defense.

What to do?

1) Enfeeble curse - one of the strongest defense in the game (despite lower efficiency on bosses)
Use it on blasphemy for general mapping (maybe selfcast on bosses)

2) An extra crit damage reduction (besides enfeeble) is really helpful.
The crit damage spikes kill most of the characters therefore it´s good to have some extra protection. There are limited resources though.

Indomitable (30% on the tree), Belt of the deceiver (30%; pretty good overall belt, intimidate buff!), Watcher´s eye jewel (you need to run determination aura), helm (not really for you)

3) Physical damage mitigation - 1 + 2 works on any damage (except DoT), PDR works vs physical hits (and Abyssus) - keeping basalt up is not enough here, you need to stack more layers of defense
Endurance charges (passives; items such as +1 EC BoTD belt would kill two things), Taste of hate and other things like that - ToH is pretty good overall flask, Watchers eye jewel that convert physical to cold damage while affected by purity of cold would be a good deal too (especially in combination with ToH); pantheon, ...
Your IC CWDT combo (Soul of Arakali recovery thing?) will kil the endurance charges so probably not ideal here

4) Drop some damage nodes (less valuable ones), get more life nodes, two extra jewel sockets you have passed (fill it with an extra life, accuracy, damage reduction, crit ...)

5) You have low hit chance (aim for 90+). Get any flat accuracy on at least one item

6) Don´t play map mods you can´t sustain. Learn the boss fights, you should avoid big hits anyway

Gl Exile!
Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 21, 2018, 6:26:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info