When should I boost maping ?

ATM I'm still trying to complete the remaing T9-T10 maps in order to boost my map ugrade % chance. Spending 3chaos and/or 20 chisel to boost the maps drop rate seems like a bad idea for.

1)When do you guys start doing this ?

2)When is switching DPS/Def gear for items like ventor's gamble worth it ?

3)When do you stop running the cheap filter of neversink ?

It takes me ages to complete maps bcuz if I don't pick up a few rares for the 2chaos recip I usualy don,t take back the 2-3alch maps are costing.
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2018, 11:20:15 AM
"
varlak74 wrote:
ATM I'm still trying to complete the remaing T9-T10 maps in order to boost my map ugrade % chance. Spending 3chaos and/or 20 chisel to boost the maps drop rate seems like a bad idea for.

It takes me ages to complete maps bcuz if I don't pick up a few rares for the 2chaos recip I usualy don,t take back the 2-3alch maps are costing.

You chisel before you alch the maps. it is only 4 chisels to 20 quality a white map. It is only 20 chisels if you are trying to quality blue/rare maps.

1) You alch chisel maps if you really need more maps to drop. :) I know that is a vague answer... but for example Tier 2 and 3 maps drop all of the time so you wouldn't waste chisels on those. Tier 10 maps are a little more rare, but still atainable so you MIGHT want to chisel if you are trying to drop more T10s/T11s to keep progressing. Typically full chisel, alch, vaaling is reserved for red maps in addition to zana mods.

2) Whenever your other gear slots are good enough. Your MF when you are dead = 0. Just keep that in mind. If you get really good rares in other slots and your uniques don't completely neuter your defenses then try on a ventors. The other option is build completely around the slots you know you are going to use MF gear in. If you are planning on useing a ventors or goldwyrm boots, etc then get those and build around them accordingly.

3) Just look at what you are picking up. If you aren't or don't feel like picking up over 50% of the stuff that NS highlights in his base filter, move up a tier. You can also customize each tier of neversinks filter at his website for your own tastes: https://www.filterblade.xyz/

EDIT: Unrelated tip - You should never, ever need 5 life flasks. Get some utility flasks and swap out at least 3 flasks (preferably 4) for utility flasks such as stibnite, granite, or basalt. You are missing out on a lot of mitigation by not doing this.
Last edited by Prizy on Apr 20, 2018, 11:11:43 AM
"
varlak74 wrote:

This is my personal preference.

Dont chisel till you have your altas setup use that money to buy new maps.

2.- MF gears is always welcome as a second build ones you have your altas ready, and you can sextant the map so it really pay off.

My personal advice gear your main character to clear bosses and being able to kill uber elder and use a second character full MF to clear the maps ones you have your altas fully setup

3.- the filters you should use neversink as a base and maybe custome to your own preferences so you get use to making your own.For races and special events lol

Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info