Is trigger consider cast or use?

For example will curse on hit benefit from Guardian's Instruments of Virtue( increase spell and attack damage and speed if cast spell recently )? Or Al Dhih benefit from Berserker's War Bringer( recover health and mana when use warcry )?

Btw, I have some questions about Assassin's Noxious Strike
1) Will it renew poison duration indefinitely?

2) If I applied 2 stacks of poison to 2 enemies, will it count as 4 stacks and increase 20% poison duration on both of them?

3) What is the best skill for stacking poison quickly? Molten strike, Barrage, Spectral Throw or other?
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2018, 12:45:54 AM
"
Ildun wrote:
For example will curse on hit benefit from Guardian's Instruments of Virtue( increase spell and attack damage and speed if cast spell recently )? Or Al Dhih benefit from Berserker's War Bringer( recover health and mana when use warcry )?

As a general rule, no. Specifically to avoid people using something that triggers an effect, and gaining a constant benefit.

"
Ildun wrote:

Btw, I have some questions about Assassin's Noxious Strike
1) Will it renew poison duration indefinitely?

2) If I applied 2 stacks of poison to 2 enemies, will it count as 4 stacks and increase 20% poison duration on both of them?

3) What is the best skill for stacking poison quickly? Molten strike, Barrage, Spectral Throw or other?

Regarding 1, you misunderstand: it will increase the duration of future poison applications based on the number applied in the past four seconds ("recently"), but it does nothing for existing stacks. Their duration is set at the time they apply. So, if you apply two a second you will get durations of 1, 1.05, 1.1, 1.15, etc for each stack. This obviously caps out at 4 * hits per second max.

I understand that question 2 is, yes, it counts that way, so 4 * APS * number of targets hit, meaning you can reach some rather huge durations ... but only while you have lots of targets. So, you have poison that lasts forever™ on white trash packs, and poison that only lasts a little while on those single target bosses....

For 3, it depends. I believe that the highest possible hit rate is firestorm, or icestorm, but only on large hitbox, imobile bosses. Molten strike with extra projectiles definitely generates a lot of fast hits, but really, it is going to depend very, very much on what you hit, and when.

In general I'd put my money on high hit rate semi-aoe projectile spells for the best general purpose hit rate; molten strike being special because it gets that projectile stuff, while [LG]MP and Volley work for multi-projectile hits with spells, but not generally arrow effects. Tornado shot has a nice shiny high hite rate, as does barrage, so pair either of those with an ultra-fast bow and you can get some solid hit rates there. Don't know it beats molten strike, though, since it shotguns with projectiles too...

I'm not certain how multi-trap (or multi-mine) ball lightning would compare, honestly; each trap definitely counts as a distinct cast, so you can get 15 hits per second out fo that with three traps. Assuming mines follow, which they likely do, that'd also work.

Anyway, point being: it really depends on what you are hitting. Small, or mobile, bosses will be hit way less with the storms, but big static ones will take way more hits from them than almost anything else. Heck, even extra chained arc would probably do good, if you have two targets....
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Apr 20, 2018, 12:46:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info