No Energy Shield Recharge Under Berserker Rage

Rage (Berserker Ascendency) is a direct loss on life and is not considered "damage" hence it cannot be mitigated.

Energy shield starts recharging 2 seconds after no damage is taken.

Under effects of rage, energy shield does not recharge even though this is not considered as damage.
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2018, 3:44:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While a fair interpretation, es recharge has always been interrupted by any loss of life or energy shield (but not max energy shield).

some examples:
- removing ES via doedre's elixir
- caustic flask
- If dark pact removes life (at 1 life it won't interupt)

But i think it is questionable how the interaction should go if you are constantly at 1 life and fighting the removal with regen though.
I've seen the same bug. This also applies even if you take CI and reduce your hp to 1. if I get rage, I take ''damage over time'' over my 1 hp https://imgur.com/a/qqscwsl This prevents ES recharge even though I do not take ''health damage'' at least not in absolute numbers. I wonder if this is intended or not. I do understand this was applied to fix the instant death caused by getting a certain amount of rage, but the fact that you can't recharge any ES even though you don't technically take damage is pretty dumb...
"
nedflander wrote:
I've seen the same bug. This also applies even if you take CI and reduce your hp to 1. if I get rage, I take ''damage over time'' over my 1 hp https://imgur.com/a/qqscwsl This prevents ES recharge even though I do not take ''health damage'' at least not in absolute numbers. I wonder if this is intended or not. I do understand this was applied to fix the instant death caused by getting a certain amount of rage, but the fact that you can't recharge any ES even though you don't technically take damage is pretty dumb...

Agree. Given how GGG is so precise in terms of wording, I am surprised that ES does not recharge under rage effects since technically you are not taking damage. If it was considered damage, rage would reduce ES first prior to life instead of its current mechanics (which degens life bypassing ES) under CI effects.

From the wiki:

Rage: The loss of life over time from having rage is not considered damage and it cannot be mitigated.

ES Recharge: Energy shield will automatically begin to recharge if the character does not take any damage for a certain period of time.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Apr 23, 2018, 9:31:48 PM
Are you guys basing the “not damage” thing from something sombody wrote on the wiki? If so, that's unreliable. The wiki is full of statements added by people who have no idea how all the mechanics work. If there's no citation, then it's not based on anything GGG said.

I don't think there is a bug here. Looks to me like you're just taking damage over time that none of the current defenses can mitigate.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 23, 2018, 11:12:46 PM
Energy Shield Recharge does not and never has cared about damage. Recharge is inhibited by anything which removes any of the energy shield itself, or the status it's protecting (usually life).

Even with CI, you can lose life from rage (and if you have no regeneration to counter that loss, it will eventually reach a loss of one full life and kill you). Over-time degeneration needs to be able to be fractional to work.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Energy Shield Recharge does not and never has cared about damage. Recharge is inhibited by anything which removes any of the energy shield itself, or the status it's protecting (usually life).

Even with CI, you can lose life from rage (and if you have no regeneration to counter that loss, it will eventually reach a loss of one full life and kill you). Over-time degeneration needs to be able to be fractional to work.

Thanks for the reply and clarification. It's much appreciated that the Devs are so active in the forums.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thank you for your feedback, Mark.

Although I've been able to negate the ''loss of life'' on my 1hp CI using a coral amulet (or any flat regen whatsoever), my build planned on using Vaal Pact. That being said, I looked for other ways to negate the ''damage taken to my hp pool''. Since I can't use regeneration while using Vaal Pact, I thought about using life gained on hit.
However, even if I attack with a weapon that has life gained on hit, my ''1 hp'' does not increase (life gained on hit doesn't replenish my slowly depleting 1 hp).https://imgur.com/AnYVMRq. Following your statement, this makes me think life gained on hit has absolute values (0 or 1+) preventing me from gaining life over my 1 hp since it's a percentage of my total life (of 1). Is there any specific reason life gained on hit doesn't refill my 1/1 hp in this case? Would it be possible to treat life gained on hit the same way (fractional) over-time degeneration works so it would work in this setup? Meaning if I have 1 life gained on hit, it would actually fill up my 1/1 hp.

Thank you, you guys are awesome :)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Over-time degeneration needs to be able to be fractional to work.

Lame. I have Ghost-Reaver to leech to my ES instead of my Life, and want to take ZO because that regeneration is a powerful defensive tool, especially as the game is now. The expected result is that stuff like this gets truncated to 0. What is the point of degenerating a fraction of one life?
Last edited by SpergBerg on Apr 24, 2018, 5:59:03 PM
"
SpergBerg wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Over-time degeneration needs to be able to be fractional to work.

Lame. I have Ghost-Reaver to leech to my ES instead of my Life, and want to take ZO because that regeneration is a powerful defensive tool, especially as the game is now. The expected result is that stuff like this gets truncated to 0. What is the point of degenerating a fraction of one life?

If you're losing, say, 0.5 life per second; the expected result is that in 10 seconds you lose 5 life. Re/degeneration values have to be able to be fractional for this to work correctly.

Remember that re/degeneration does not "hit" in discrete chunks which would make sense to round to an integer. It is applied to your life (mana, ES) continuously. There is no single value that can be rounded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info