Basic summoner questions

I'm building my second summoner char, but I'm still not 100% certain about the following details:

1. Am I right on this? The map level I'm in while summoning zombies has no effect on them. This is different on spectres where the map level has a major effect. IOW, can I use desecrate and summon zombies in my hideout and it makes no difference compared to summoning them in a T15 map?

2. Which monster to choose for spectres? I remember 4 years ago all summoners tend to used Flame Sentinel but this seems to have changed. People today use Solar Guards for AOE and Tukohama's Vanguard for single target. Is this state of the art? I know this is kind of a meta question. In theory it could make sense to have special spectres for special target, but for all-day use that turns out to be too time consuming selecting and summoning the right spectres all the time.

3. Is there any difference summoning a spectre directly after killing a monster compared to using desecrate (Gem level 20). What I mean is, if I'm killing a monster and mouse over the corpse I can sometimes see up to 6 stats or more on it, but if I desecrate and mouse over the corpse it always uses same two base stats only. IOW, is it beneficial to use only killed monster for summoning so it can make use of the extra stats? Or are the extra stats not even used?

4. To get the most out of Elemental Equilibrium I'm using the following enemy linkset: Ball Lightning, GMP, Curse on Hit and Projectile Weakness. The idea is first to mark the enemy to attack using Ball Lightning, second to deal lightning damage at the same time. After that, Solar Guard spectres fires on the marked enemies and since spectres do fire damage Elemental Equilibrium kicks in fine. That works, cool so far.

4.1. While Solar Guards are pure fire damage, only 50% of their damage types are projectiles. This isn't ideal because I curse Projectile Weakness. Solar Guards have a Beam weapon and a Fireball weapon. The thing is, after I linked GMP to my Raise Spectre gem it seems only the Fireball is a projectile. That is because after linking, the spectres shoot five Fireball instead of just one, but it's still just one Beam and not five. To workaround that, the idea is to use Flammability instead of Projectile Weakness. However, Projectile Weakness linked with Curse on Hit give the Ball Lightning a piercing effect, which is great to mark all mobs in a large group of trash mobs. There's also the fact that Flammability eventually ignites a mob, making it therefore resistant to fire damage. But that I'm not sure of. Should I stick to Projectile Weakness?

4.2 My gloves have a small amount of extra fire damage (Adds 1 to 2 Fire Damage) which are therefore added to my Ball Lightning shot. I'm not 100% certain if this can cause problems in combination with elemental equilibrium. If I mouse over Ball Lightning, it tells me I'm doing both damage types (fire and lightning, but more lightning). But I don't want the mobs to get that fire damage, because that would make them resistant to major fire damage dealt from the spectres. Someone told me that the amount of fire damage is too low anyway, because most mobs are at least a bit resistant to fire damage, but is that really the case? Do I really need to try to get new gloves to workaround that problem?

I'm sorry if I asked questions that have been discussed already. I tried to google them first but didn't find anything matching.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2018, 10:47:50 AM
#1 right
#2 for map clear and almost everything else use solar guards. TV are for bossing (shaper etc.)
3# you only spectre worthy spectres from a lvl 20 desecrate gem in the highest map you have access to. you can also find free portals to shaper realm to summon lvl 82 spectres
#4 use flammability or ele weakness in parties. proj weakness is bad for solar guards
#4.1 no, proj weakness is bad for solar guards. use flammability or ele weakness in parties
#4.2no, your friend is retarded. that fire damage absolutely works against you. you need new gloves. any fire damage you have that adds to your ball lightning works against you with EE.

thanks man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info