Anybody help refine my Spectre build

Hi

I have finally built a character that can clear T10 with (if i am unlucky) a few deaths on a highly modded map but I would like to start mapping reds. This is the farthest into mapping I have got so far.

Character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GeoffC/characters?characterName=Dr_Malfeasance

Can anybody take a quick look and see if there are any obvious improvements?

I am using 4 x Solar Guards from Act 8.
I drop a skeleton totem on bosses and spam Flesh Offering
Arc triggers +25 resistance to elec and -50 res to others
Arc also curses flammability on hit

I have not done the 4th lab yet.
Health / ES is a bit low
Minion damage seems good
Pierce on spectres seems to help clear maps compared to other gems I have tried.

Ten Phantasms spawn as soon as my solar guards smash into mobs and with the other gem buffs they are a mini force all on their own. I did try Minion Life here instead but the spectres hardly die so skipped it. Have +40% spectre damage on helm.

Thanks for any tips.

Last bumped on Apr 18, 2018, 12:09:31 PM
private profile...
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
I think I fixed it, it was not a private profile but the sub setting "character" was private. I guess a default setting.
Hi,
I may not be the best to post here but I do not see anyone else jumping in so I will share a little of wheat I have learned.

I started roughly last league and asked for advice when I ran into a roadblock some of which was helpful but of course all help really depends on your play style really. Some of your gear choices do not seem to mesh well as so your gem choices. I know not everyone has tons of chaos to spend as I do not either. I got really lucky and linked a Vis mortis to 6 links in a short amount of attempts. You gems there in path of building without even loading it will be barely enough to kill anything past T8/9 to me. I think that just changing the gem setup for bosses or tough maps alone would carry you to T12 maps as killing quickly for me gave me loads more survivability. If i had to run your setup on 5 link I would run #1 Minion damage #2 Elemental Focus #3 Lesser Multiple Projectiles #4 Spell Echo #5 Raise Specter. This should triple your damage. Swap a blue out for mapping with phantasmal if you like and Greater multiple projectile, just switch back to focus damage for bosses, I love phantasmals for clearing. Add in #6 Controlled destruction if you get a 6 link.

As for your gear, the charity shield to me was only good with the node Necromatic Aegis. Rathpith globe to me is far superior if not. 10 % increased life alone to me is worth it but there are more benefits to it than that alone. Brightbeak, The scourge, or Advancing fortress would be great as I use the advancing fortress with rathpith for block chance as well as they make a great combo. That amulet is subpar when you start mapping in my opinion compared to others. It is ok but there are many others that help you survive ex. bloodgrip is great, stone of lazhwar for block chance.

Your cast when damage taken setup has 2 things running on corpses yet nothing to generate them so they will end quickly. Better to separate them have one level 2 and one 3 or something.

Jewels in belt should be the best you have as they get a 50% bonus modifier so swap the ones on tree out for the abyss you have there.

I do not see any real deal breakers and I am sure there are many better people to give you advice but I have killed the Elder in maps and have not done only about 6 maps in total. I find that if I take my time I can do any map that I can lay back in but some of the ones where you have to jump pillars go through hoops etc.... I have not done. I think I can finish the game with what I have and I can go through T14 and below maps with no worries.

Wow thanks David. I will dissect your post later this evening and see what I can shuffle around.

I really do want a 6L so that is what I am working towards atm, hoping for shaper/elder gear drops to make the full set currency exchange.

I did switch out Solar guards back to Frost Sentinels and noticed a decent improvement in my survivability, probably due to their freeze/chill effect so I am working to scale that now too.

Will see what I can do later this evening.

Thanks again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info