New Character

Hi all, firstly Im new to PoE and have levelled my first character to lvl 33 as a Ranger.

I have spent many an hr reading forums and searching on Google for some understanding on PoE. I played as a raiding Hunter on WoW so thought I might find the Ranger a similar player type on PoE making it an easy transition for me.

I attempted the trials of ascendancy yesterday made it quite far but ended up dying so I think I am missing some key elements to my build/weapons/armours. I dont think I am doing the damage I need to be doing and am relying on flasks and kiting too much for my liking.

Can anyone see my page where it shows my weapons, inventory and gems and wouldnt mind giving me a little help.

I have a free respec but will wait until later in game to use that but dont mind changing my tree direction as I have current gone down the damage, dext, attack speed regime.

Thanks again

Anarki
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2018, 8:12:58 AM
Hi all, I dont mean to bump but as I have not had a response I am guessing I have asked the wrong questions.

What would be a good levelling build and at lvl 33 what gems would you expect me to be using. The forums seem diluted with the amount of ideas so anyone with any good build ideas would be welcomed. It doesnt have the be the best but something I can use to get somewhere in game would be great.

Thanks

Anarki
First of all, you don't have your characters available to be viewed, so no one could actually give you advice. You'll have to go into your account permission settings and set characters viewable by everyone in order to get any sort of advice on your character.

Second, if you focus too much on damage, you'll find yourself dying too much in later game. Common newbie mistake is to do that and they end up being nonviable by the time you're level 50 and dying all of the time. I think as a first time player, you should focus a lot on getting about 30% increased health nodes versus 70% damage nodes. Your final aim is to probably have (as a ranged character, I assume) around 180% increased life from tree nodes in softcore.

Third, I'd recommend looking at the top players on the Bestiary Leaderboard for build ideas...but be aware that those builds may be very expensive and you should try to find ones that are less expensive for a league starter character.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the reply Heregrima1. I have now made that change to my profile so hopefully you can see my gear, items and tree now.

I actually tried adding some evasion to my char last night as I hadnt used 10 skill points and immediately saw the benefits when playing thereafter.

Life is definitely something I will look at unlocking, and will hold back on damage and attack speed for the moment.

As I generally play with a friend who is a Heirophant? then I will try and continue with a Lightning spec with Blast rain.

Thanks again for your advice, and any further, please let me know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info