Can xbox one x run icestorm builds?

Currently play on a regular xbox one and my whispering ice scion is doing well when the game can actually handle it.
But I can barely clear maps when casting ice storm due to the graphical lag it causes after channeling for more than a couple seconds.
Would a one x solve this or would it just be throwing money away.

Also does the one x solve rendering issues when zoning into places and the mobs killing summons before you are even out of the loading screen?
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2018, 2:04:07 AM
Xbox One X is a far more powerful console than the original Xbox One. It's been stated by people here that the rendering issues with it are still there, although only under the more extreme conditions. You'll still notice some rendering problems, unfortunately; The game for some reason just demands way too much for zero apparent reason.

Would it solve your issue? I don't personally know. I've not ever seen that build in play. However, i'm certain the upgrade would be worth it for PoE regardless.

Also, what Summons are you losing before you're out of the loading screen? That sounds.. Wrong.
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
Xbox One X is a far more powerful console than the original Xbox One. It's been stated by people here that the rendering issues with it are still there, although only under the more extreme conditions. You'll still notice some rendering problems, unfortunately; The game for some reason just demands way too much for zero apparent reason.

Would it solve your issue? I don't personally know. I've not ever seen that build in play. However, i'm certain the upgrade would be worth it for PoE regardless.

Also, what Summons are you losing before you're out of the loading screen? That sounds.. Wrong.

my friend runs a zombie build and when he does shaper or elder and zones in there are combat sounds and all 7 of his zombies are usually dead by the time he's out of the loading screen and moves.
For me the things usually annihilate my golems whenever I zone in.

For ice storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USqbOvgUMcI
that's the dude's guide I've been following for it so theres some gameplay of the skill in action!
I'm playing a Oni Cyclone build this league and I'm having a terrible time with Vaal Cyclone on the Xbox one X.

The rubber banding and lagging when activating Vaal Cyclone near a shrine or in a breach causes the Xbox one X so much trouble that 75% of the time I just die without the opportunity to use flasks or even knowing where the damage is coming from.

It's been so terrible in tier 10-12 maps that I've stopped using the skill all together. Unfortunately there is still a LOT of work needed to the xbox version of poe.

Strangely I still prefer playing in on my console to my pc.
"
I'm playing a Oni Cyclone build this league and I'm having a terrible time with Vaal Cyclone on the Xbox one X.

The rubber banding and lagging when activating Vaal Cyclone near a shrine or in a breach causes the Xbox one X so much trouble that 75% of the time I just die without the opportunity to use flasks or even knowing where the damage is coming from.

It's been so terrible in tier 10-12 maps that I've stopped using the skill all together. Unfortunately there is still a LOT of work needed to the xbox version of poe.

Strangely I still prefer playing in on my console to my pc.

Yeah, unfortunately rubber banding is a serious issue in PoE. Not just on the Xbox One/X but also on the PC. It happens to me a lot too, and that happens sometimes when I use Shield Charge. It'll bump me back to the start of my charge once or twice, and then I can Shield Charge as normal. It's also a desync issue with PoE though. Rubberbanding/Desync, blegh. There's small problems that plague this otherwise great ARPG. :/

"
Jairbear26 wrote:
"
Bretherezenx wrote:

my friend runs a zombie build and when he does shaper or elder and zones in there are combat sounds and all 7 of his zombies are usually dead by the time he's out of the loading screen and moves.
For me the things usually annihilate my golems whenever I zone in.

For ice storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USqbOvgUMcI
that's the dude's guide I've been following for it so theres some gameplay of the skill in action!

Wow, really? Only issues I am having so far with my Zombies' survivability is with Reflect Physical Damage map mods. Other than that singular mod, my Zombies stay in peak health. Of course, I haven't done Shaper yet personally. However, i'm confident they'll survive for me.

I haven't a single loading issue yet to speak of either. I've made it to around Tier 9-10 so far personally. But i'm also on the original Xbox One, not the X.

I don't graphics lag so far, the most graphic-intensive build i've played so far is a high speed Ngamahu's Flame fire damage Cyclone Marauder build. I get the fps decrease and the resolution drop, but I haven't at all lagged or disconnected due to frame issues thus far (and i've dropped a crap ton of Molten Strike orbs in a second flat.)

And hey, that looks like a pretty simple and strong build to me. Full conversion to fire damage? Dang, lol.
Played Guardian WI last league to 93...was okay in terms of lag except breaches and abysses in certain maps. It would turn to a slideshow. I play on a 1x with 50 down and wired connection. I actually noticed some stuttering in certain haku missions during bestiary (obviously the ones w/ icestorm in them) and that was an Essence Drain build for reference. Any other questions just ask or pm me.
"
Jairbear26 wrote:
...Would a one x solve this or would it just be throwing money away.

IMO, you'd be throwing your money away if that's a primary reason you wanted the One X. It's an overclocked chip with a bit more memory and optimized for running 4K HD Movies, not really optimized for pushing an XBox's gaming capabilities, even if it offers 4K gaming.

"
Also does the one x solve rendering issues when zoning into places and the mobs killing summons before you are even out of the loading screen?

Maybe. It might load zones better, getting you into the action faster. BUT, you can likely accomplish the same thing much cheaper - Buy a flashdrive for your current XBOx, transfer everything over to it using the Network transfer utility and you'll probably seen a decent improvement in load times.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Jairbear26 wrote:
...Would a one x solve this or would it just be throwing money away.

IMO, you'd be throwing your money away if that's a primary reason you wanted the One X. It's an overclocked chip with a bit more memory and optimized for running 4K HD Movies, not really optimized for pushing an XBox's gaming capabilities, even if it offers 4K gaming.

"

Maybe. It might load zones better, getting you into the action faster. BUT, you can likely accomplish the same thing much cheaper - Buy a flashdrive for your current XBOx, transfer everything over to it using the Network transfer utility and you'll probably seen a decent improvement in load times.

Just a note: I recently upgraded my network hardware and now have a 1 gig d'load pipeline. There is an improvement in overall performance with loading things. Map stutters are down a bit, zones load a tiny bit faster, etc. I'm still hestitant to push it though, since I've had a lot of disconnect issues in the recent past. (Hoping this will help with that, but not too sure yet.)

Another note for people playing any build with "Knockback" - Don't. My cyclone character I played last League included a knockback component and the XBox version just hates that... If you're playing on an XBox, don't use knockback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info